Casting Speculation/Discussion

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
I didn't knew about the rumor

In Nolan I trust when it comes to casting, and who knows, Styles may actually turn out to be good.

The marketing/production/premieres hype will be completely fucked now with the 'invasion' of the 1D fans............

What if Styles becomes Nolan's new Michael Caine

idk

this could be a musical

Godzilla wrote:What if Styles becomes Nolan's new Michael Caine

It he turned out to be good in this film, I would not mind that at all.

I have a feeling it will be nothing like any other WW2 movies. Just like Interstellar was not what I imagined it to be.

In Nolan we trust :gonf:

Nolan's most fuckable cast so far, though, you gotta admit that.

I mean, look at that smile:

Forum Pro
Just some pure speculation on my part:

The first casting news we got on this film was that it was going to feature Mark Rylance, Tom Hardy and Kenneth Branagh in supporting roles. And now it has been reported that the film features two leads and that those roles are being filled by Fionn Whitehead and Jack Lowden.

I predict that:
Fionn Whitehead will be playing the younger version of Mark Rylance and Jack Lowden will be playing the younger version of Kenneth Branagh.

With that being said, I think on the surface level this film will be a story about the friendship between those two characters and how they were changed by their experience on the battlefield. I do think that Dunkirk will either be framed by scenes featuring the older versions of the characters or that we will be getting a non linear narrative similar to The Tree of Life.

Interesting theory! But I think Nolan is going to surprise us all in terms of themes and plot-twists, just like he always does. I also think it will be a new kind of war movie, nothing like we've seen before. It will be weird.

Forum Pro
willaartwillem wrote:Interesting theory! But I think Nolan is going to surprise us all in terms of themes and plot-twists, just like he always does. I also think it will be a new kind of war movie, nothing like we've seen before. It will be weird.
I would not mind seeing a hybird of The Thin Red Line and Saving Private Ryan.