Dunkirk General Information/Discussion

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Well it wouldn't be a bad idea to release it online a week before gotgs release, to put the attention on Dunkirk.

Nomis wrote:Well it wouldn't be a bad idea to release it online a week before gotgs release, to put the attention on Dunkirk.
Exactly. And since this is the main trailer it would make sense to push the marketing for Dunkirk.

So, if (only IF) we assume that the trailer will hit before GOTG2, when would that be? This weekend (not plausible in my opinion)? Or rather next week?
Last edited by Willem on April 13th, 2017, 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Forum Pro
A really terrible time to release a trailer with Star Wars about to take over. Notice how a lot of studios released trailers and news before Celebration.

If a trailer is coming out soon, I think it'll be a week or so.

Joshua Strong wrote:A really terrible time to release a trailer with Star Wars about to take over. Notice how a lot of studios released trailers and news before Celebration.

That's exactly what I was thinking, that would be pretty bad marketing.

Somewhere next week would be the best place to release the trailer. However, if that ends up to be true then I would've figured to have gotten confirmation already. And we haven't...

willaartwillem wrote:I'm just letting you know what I see on Twitter. I have no idea if this is reliable at all.

He's responding to my tweet.
@IndieWire on Twitter:
"New Dunkirk trailer is coming any moment" is what my source told me last night. Their info thus far on this film has been spot on...
https://twitter.com/indierevolver/statu ... 3075136512

EDIT: I asked again and he responded that the message he got was from a reliable source and that it literally said that the trailer is coming any moment.

Again, I have no idea if we can trust this at all. Don't get your hopes too high.
I was curious for a second that he could maybe be legit and would ask him what info thus far has his source been spot on, but he's also saying in the link you posted that he believes Nolan spent millions to crash a vintage plane, when it's been debunked. So, not believing him.

Innovator wrote:I was curious for a second that he could maybe be legit and would ask him what info thus far has his source been spot on, but he's also saying in the link you posted that he believes Nolan spent millions to crash a vintage plane, when it's been debunked. So, not believing him.
Yeah we had a whole conversation about that. He says that WB bought the plane at an auction and that their original plan was to crash it. But he says that they might have changed their mind after the rumours.

I don't know. Personally I'm still thinking it's just going to drop with GOTG2. Although I see a chance that it gets released earlier.

willaartwillem wrote:
Innovator wrote:I was curious for a second that he could maybe be legit and would ask him what info thus far has his source been spot on, but he's also saying in the link you posted that he believes Nolan spent millions to crash a vintage plane, when it's been debunked. So, not believing him.
Yeah we had a whole conversation about that. He says that WB bought the plane at an auction and that their original plan was to crash it. But he says that they might have changed their mind after the rumours.

I don't know. Personally I'm still thinking it's just going to drop with GOTG2. Although I see a chance that it gets released earlier.
Yeah, I'm not seeing it being released this soon either. It will probably be online a couple of days before GOTG2 goes into theaters, like what happened with the first main trailer and Rogue One.

Oku
willaartwillem wrote:
Joshua Strong wrote:A really terrible time to release a trailer with Star Wars about to take over. Notice how a lot of studios released trailers and news before Celebration.

That's exactly what I was thinking, that would be pretty bad marketing.
What if they're releasing it a week from now, right as the Star Wars hubbub dies down?
Nomis wrote:Somewhere next week would be the best place to release the trailer. However, if that ends up to be true then I would've figured to have gotten confirmation already. And we haven't...
That depends, how soon before trailer release do we usually get confirmation?
willaartwillem wrote:

But Mr. Nolan himself said in his own words that he didn't crash any vintage planes.

okungnyo wrote:But Mr. Nolan himself said in his own words that he didn't crash any vintage planes.
I know lol and I believe him of course. But maybe WB had other plans...?

But I didn't believe that story from the beginning