Dunkirk General Information/Discussion

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
I've reached a point now with Interstellar where I can hardly look at it anymore.

Good thing Jonah is busy with Westworld so Christ can keep his art pure.

this :facepalm: fucking :facepalm: guy :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

MyCocaine wrote:I've reached a point now with Interstellar where I can hardly look at it anymore.

How are Memento, The Prestige, TDK, TDKR, and Interstellar "impure"?

lmfao somebody lock this thread

anarchy wrote:
MyCocaine wrote:I've reached a point now with Interstellar where I can hardly look at it anymore.

How are Memento, The Prestige, TDK, TDKR, and Interstellar "impure"?
Given the above statement it should be obvious this opinion is strictly related to Interstellar.

Oku
I remember reading the mayor of Dunkirk saying something like, "We let them film on location in Dunkirk for cheap, and in exchange, they promised to title the movie Dunkirk".

So is there a possibility that the film could have been called something else, say...Dynamo?

Possible reasons why that I can think of:
  1. calling the film Dynamo would have made it clear that the film is about the evacuation and not the battle, and would have put an end to the "but where are the scenes of the French rearguard??" questions
  2. the town street scene takes place in Malo-les-Bains and not Dunkirk
  3. the beach scenes take place in Malo-les-Bains and not Dunkirk

Lionheart wrote:I'm also a much bigger fan of Interstellar than Dunkirk. Doesn't seem a very bold hot take. Dunkirk is still a beautiful, meticulously crafted movie.
Nothing wrong with preferring Interstellar. I just doubt SilverHeart's even seen the movie. He just posted that to stir up the pot in hopes that people would stop calling him out that he's only here to discuss Marvel Cinematic Universe stuff.

Oku
Why would people be calling him/her out on that? What's wrong with being only here to discuss Marvel Cinematic Universe stuff??

I love this:

Samuel R. Jankis wrote:I love this:

He does this kind of repeat imagery a lot, it's fantastic. This kind of sweeping shot showed up in the TDKR ending montage many times as well.