Dunkirk General Information/Discussion

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
The confirmation of a WWII movie doesn't fill me with excitement like the previous announcements, since there's plenty of WWII movies already and because of his past filmography and the release date I was expecting high-concept... But who am I kidding. It's Nolan. He's got my ticket.

titansupes wrote:The confirmation of a WWII movie doesn't fill me with excitement like the previous announcements, since there's plenty of WWII movies already and because of his past filmography and the release date I was expecting high-concept... But who am I kidding. It's Nolan. He's got my ticket.
How do you know Dunkirk isn't just a small part of something larger?

AsianVersionOfET wrote:
titansupes wrote:The confirmation of a WWII movie doesn't fill me with excitement like the previous announcements, since there's plenty of WWII movies already and because of his past filmography and the release date I was expecting high-concept... But who am I kidding. It's Nolan. He's got my ticket.
The title of the movie is literally Dunkirk..

JohnConstantine wrote:
the_red_ninja wrote:Quick survey: Who actually heard of Dunkirk/Dunkerque before Christmas?
Sort of. I remember about the place from the history class.

Btw, the retreat in Atonement? It's Dunkirk :D (so If you've seen that movie you should've known something)
Shamelessly I repost my post. Joe Wright briefly tackled that moment in history.

Btw, Nolan keeps it with one movie title. Except the TDK trilogy, all his other movies have an one word title. LE: ok, maybe there is The Prestige, but we can get rid of that "the" ;)
Last edited by JohnConstantine on December 29th, 2015, 3:01 am, edited 3 times in total.

ChristNolan wrote:
AsianVersionOfET wrote:
Doesn't necessarily mean that's ALL it's about. None of us know at this point. I'm excited no matter what it is about.

ChristNolan wrote:
AsianVersionOfET wrote:
Indeed.

There is still of course plenty of time for a twist in the concept to make itself clear to us-- Nolan don't make no generic movies, after all-- but so far, that's where I'm at.

Excited for a new Nolan movie.

JohnConstantine wrote:
JohnConstantine wrote:
the_red_ninja wrote:Quick survey: Who actually heard of Dunkirk/Dunkerque before Christmas?
Sort of. I remember about the place from the history class.

Btw, the retreat in Atonement? It's Dunkirk :D (so If you've seen that movie you should've known something)
Shamelessly I repost my post. Joe Wright briefly tackled that moment in history.

Btw, Nolan keeps it with one movie title. Except the TDK trilogy, all his other movies have an one word title.
The Prestige. :P

I edited it after I wrote it :P Let's pretend the "the" doesn't exist.

mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:france is sort of a weird place to adapt akira but in nolan we trust :gonf:
Dunkirk part is a flashback scene to explain what was WW1, WW2 and WW3