Dunkirk General Information/Discussion

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Release date is almost perfect for such an adaptation. Lovecraftian adaptations would be one of the most immersive and spectacular blockbusters ever, especially At The Mountains of Madness and The Dream Quest of Unknown Kadath. Don't be mislead by the fact that the previous adaptations was all an art-house pictures, this was one of the reasons of their failure. Yes, there would be a blockbusters with a pretty specific visuals and, probably, R-Restricted rating, but I doubt that it could confused the Warner Bros.

A horror movie from Nolan would be nice.

The Desperation For News Rises. :(

Lord Shade wrote:Considering Nolan interviewing Guillermo del Toro about Crimson Peak, maybe, he wanna do some horror? Some Lovecraft, maybe? Call of Cthulhu? Mountains of Madness?! Dream Quest of Unknown Kadath?! The Case of Charles Dexter Ward?!!

God, it would be so GREAT!
If there's a living director who could do Lovecraft right, I don't know if it's specifically Nolan, but I'd take it.

So with Spectre coming out and the news for this film being almost nonexistent, is it impossible for it to be the next Bond film?

Just wondering.

Michaelf2225 wrote:So with Spectre coming out and the news for this film being almost nonexistent, is it impossible for it to be the next Bond film?

Just wondering.
It's impossible.

If Nolan's next is actually a horror, this Halloween would be a perfect time to make an announcement.

Crime thriller.

About the format, by the way: there are only 11 IMAX theaters in US which can show the film in 70mm now. After two years, even they might disappear. If Nolan is actually going to shoot his next on IMAX 70mm, I absolutely don't know how he's going to manage it.

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/only-11 ... -scene-336

Lord Shade wrote:About the format, by the way: there are only 11 IMAX theaters in US which can show the film in 70mm now. After two years, even they might disappear. If Nolan is actually going to shoot his next on IMAX 70mm, I absolutely don't know how he's going to manage it.

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/only-11 ... -scene-336
There's a difference between being able to show it and how many theaters have the capability to show it. The latter, is certainly still greater than 11 theaters.

Regardless, the format is dwindling, and it's sad more theaters don't make the effort to screen the 70mm print, even if there's only one IMAX scene.