Dunkirk General Information/Discussion

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
is he giving up on the keys to the street?

Hughes project with Phoenix or Rockwell as the lead.

I'm pretty sure the Hughes project is still dead in the water. The only lead we have so far is the rumor that it's a project he came up with as a teen.

ChristNolan wrote:I'm pretty sure the Hughes project is still dead in the water. The only lead we have so far is the rumor that it's a project he came up with as a teen.
Like Inception? Oh, if this become true, I'll be absolutely happy. Because it's my dream to see the next Chris Nolan's film as his individual project, without his brother.

Any chance we get an official announcement this month like Interstellar two years ago?

I am guessing he won't get annoucement until May six months after his last film.

Jesus of Suburbia wrote:I am guessing he won't get annoucement until May six months after his last film.

titansupes wrote:I don't think for his next movie, but for the one after that (say, between 2018/2019) it would be plenty of time since The Aviator came out.
I think Nolan will wait until 2022 or so or later because it be around 20 years after the Aviator.

HuFFTyZzLe wrote:is he giving up on the keys to the street?
Someone else is directing it, they are just using his script.

Addicted2Movies wrote:
thrice wrote:can't envision Nolan saying fuck
:x I was thinking the same thing. Doesn't seem like something Nolan would say at all. Seems more like Tarantino than him.
I mean he's british. I don't have difficulty picturing anyone who is british saying it.

Let's not forget his first three films had multiple uses of the word and Following and Memento both drop the c-word.

I get what you are saying though. Nolan seems so calm and reserved and proper most times. I expect Nolan knows when it is and when it is not appropriate to use.