Dunkirk General Information/Discussion

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Vader182 wrote:
okungnyo wrote:Aren't IMAX and Dolby Atmos competing technologies? How can a theater have both?
sdiasdlkajsdnalskdnasdSADLKSAJD

-Vader
lmao

Just ignore it.

Thinking to see Dunkirk at Edwards Ontario to test IMAX 70mm, and my eyes since everyone says the image is stunning. As I mentioned before I saw this at amc citywalk and was dissapointed by the image quality and everybody is praising the quality. The only doubt I have is that the movie might be degraded by now since it has played for a week now, so about 30 + times the movie has played now. Any thoughts ? :?

Location: You'll find me in the region of the summer stars✶*¨*✫

Just won two theater tickets for participating in a survey, and since I don't have a girlfriend I might as well spend them both on myself. Looks like it's gonna be Baby Driver and Dunkirk a third time next week. :thumbup:

dunkirktrash wrote:I was third row from the back in the middle. I didn't buy the tickets myself, had a friend buy them for me last weekend, that's why I didn't use the app. He did tell me AFTER he bought the tickets... I wanted to DIE.

If you're going to IMAX Vicente Lopez (I mean, it's the only one but idk if you're going to IMAX at all) beware that they use THE WHOLE SCREEN and the sound is way too loud. Your feet will vibrate. I really hope you got seats at the back. I have a feeling a few rows down from where I was they didn't see a thing.

Oh, also, I can't remember the last time I heard applause after a film here. There was general applause yesterday (and the cinema was FULL).
Thanks, I went to the IMAX for TDKR and Interstellar (both times at the back), and I left with the feeling that I could have sat a little closer.. This time I bought 5 rows down from the back.

Time will tell. :thumbup:

Location: You'll find me in the region of the summer stars✶*¨*✫
Sanchez wrote:Just won two theater tickets for participating in a survey, and since I don't have a girlfriend I might as well spend them both on myself. Looks like it's gonna be Baby Driver and Dunkirk a third time next week. :thumbup:
Dunkirk and Dunkirk sounds like more fun :thumbup:

Nomis wrote:Ah I see. I was just wondering about the one at Arnhem because that's the only (digi) IMAX in our country that has got Dolby Atmos too. I know it's not mixed in that but the sound at Arena was so incredibly shrill and overall just too loud. Perhaps the one at Eindhoven has also got Dolby Atmos? Since then the sound just has to be better overall lol, mixed in that or not

I went to Tuschinski today and the sound was much more pleasurable than at Arena's IMAX. A loud bass which really helped with the bombings.
Pathe Arnhem has multiple Dolby Atmos auditoriums, the IMAX auditorium has the Next Generation Sound System (12.1). I saw it there, the sound was great. Loud but in a good way. It is the only purposed built IMAX auditorium in the Netherlands, I especially like how steep the seats are arranged. And ofcourse the biggest screen in the Netherlands was also impressive.