Dunkirk General Information/Discussion

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Willem wrote:
Ruth wrote:
Nomis wrote:Not Arterton obviously
Well yea. Me, duh
We'll support you

Law wrote:Are you people shitting me? It's the rattling from inside of the ship. It's the same rattling you hear inside of the cockpit in the spitfire planes.
Yes, because that would explain why it is audible both on Earth (inside one of the stations) and within Mann's pod? Each tick is exactly the same length apart (which would suggest it's from the IMAX camera), therefore it's most likely not an intentional sound effect. The rattling sound effect you're talking about (as heard on the spitfires) is noticeably different to the sound I'm referring to. Anyway, back to Dunkirk again...

ChristMAX wrote:
Law wrote:Are you people shitting me? It's the rattling from inside of the ship. It's the same rattling you hear inside of the cockpit in the spitfire planes.
Yes, because that would explain why it is audible both on Earth (inside one of the stations) and within Mann's pod? Each tick is exactly the same length apart (which would suggest it's from the IMAX camera), therefore it's most likely not an intentional sound effect. The rattling sound effect you're talking about (as heard on the spitfires) is noticeably different to the sound I'm referring to. Anyway, back to Dunkirk again...
i am not going back.... you should be at home.. turn it around

Air:

Apologies if this has been discussed before, but do we think Dunkirk will be linear in terms of plot/order of events?

I think that's what the general consensus is yeah. Hasn't Nolan referred to the plot as "real-time" ? I don't think you can have a "real-time" *non-linear* plot.

The new Empire issue and its cover should be released soon right...? Damn I really want it to be a Dunkirk special

It better be ffs lol

Empire is a UK based magazine right? I hope they'll put Dunkirk on the cover instead of third Spiderman reboot that nobody even want.

Oku
Collector03601 wrote:Air:

Umm, this is kind of misleading, isn't it??

It implies that we'll see nine planes on screen at once.

I thought it was four maximum (as we have seen in the trailers), no?
Willem wrote:The new Empire issue and its cover should be released soon right...? Damn I really want it to be a Dunkirk special
It's weird because the Spider-Man issue is titled 'Summer 2017', not 'July 2017' as it should be.

They didn't do a 'Summer 2016' issue last year: https://gb.zinio.com/www/browse/back-is ... /backissue

My guess? It's because their wallets said Spider-Man, but their hearts said Dunkirk, so they said "Why not both?" and put out a special issue to rack in the Spider-Man money, and will put Dunkirk in the standard July issue.

...hopefully. :?
Mahiya_Borden wrote:Empire is a UK based magazine right? I hope they'll put Dunkirk on the cover instead of third Spiderman reboot that nobody even want.
Watch it turn out to be War for the Planet of the Apes or Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets. :lol: