Dunkirk General Information/Discussion

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Presumably this will be solely Nolan's screenplay, which is fascinating as it'll be only the second time.

Sky007 wrote:Presumably this will be solely Nolan's screenplay, which is fascinating as it'll be only the second time.
Yeah, that's very interesting. And since Inception is still my favorite of his films, it makes me quite excited to know what he has in his mind.

Sky007 wrote:Presumably this will be solely Nolan's screenplay, which is fascinating as it'll be only the second time.
Actually, the third. He wrote Memento by himself as well.

Lord Shade wrote:
Yeah but it was based on Jonah's short story and he is credited as well. Only Inception and this (probably) are 100% written by him.

Panapaok wrote:
Lord Shade wrote:
Yeah but it was based on Jonah's short story and he is credited as well. Only Inception and this (probably) are 100% written by him.
That is true.

I hope that it will be something really special for Nolan himself, and will feature only his writer specialties, without Jonah's now, because, like in your case, Inception is my favorite Nolan's film.

So Caine's in then if its not a 'normal' screenplay.
https://vid.me/RmD9
This for future use:

Maybe it's historical drama about evacuation of Dunkerque...

Ace
pashacules wrote:Guys, have some news. It's in French resources, but I translated it. That's the link http://www.lavoixdunord.fr/region/dunke ... 88n3239911
Says it will be filming in Dunkirk and was visiting with Jonah so maybe he did have a hand with the script.
filming of an American blockbuster in June 2016. Without saying more. According to our information, it is Christopher Nolan with a film inspired by the evacuation of Dunkirk in May-June 1940.
Last edited by Ace on December 25th, 2015, 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

WW II film? woah. Merry Xmas Nolan.