Miller's "Thumbs Up" signal...

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
Hi,

I've checked the forum and I couldn't find any reference to this...
why did Miller send a "Thumbs Up" signal when she reached her planet (the water planet) ?

If what Amelia Brand said about the time dilation is correct (1 minute = 7 Earth years) then Miller landed on the planet about one hour before Amelia and Coop's arrival. So why did Miller send a "Thumbs Up" signal without performing adequate analysis of her planet? Surely in that one hour she would have popped her head out of the hatch and noticed that she was on a water planet with huge tidal waves - and that it would be unable to provide an adequate environment for the human race?
Thanks

[ looks outside airlock window ]

Miller: "Oh, cool! Water, clouds, gravity's a bit high but manageable, picturesque mountains in the distance... it's humanity's lucky day! Too bad I can't plant a flag, though."

[ pushes thumbs up button, steps out the airlock ]

Miller: "Alright, time to break out the spectroscope... wait a sec. Where'd the mountains go?"

[ looks other way ]

Miller: :shock:

[ transcript ends ]

Where did Dr. Miller get her doctorate? Mail order perhaps? :D

CASE: The data Doyle received was just the initial status, echoing endlessly.

She's a bitch, just like Mann yo.

Lord Shade wrote:
CASE: The data Doyle received was just the initial status, echoing endlessly.
You would think that all reports would be date and timestamped - in order to prevent confusion from repetition.

"Oh, we are not prepared for this...." says Coop.

"No sh!t, Sherlock!" I would have retorted... :lol: