oscar live-blogging session?

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
guys,

i'm hangin' out gettin' ready to get a lil' furious watching this incredible film get robbed. it would ease the pain for me knowing you guys were out there getting equally furious. i'm definitely hitting up the limited imax re-release on saturday, so i'll have the film fresh in my mind before the oscars. if there's some way we could have a nolanfans live blog of hollywood's night of self-congratulation, that would be pretty chill. so... holla back here if you're down?

:gonf: :gonf: :gonf:

apologies if there's already a plan being hatched for this elsewhere, this belongs in another thread, or whatever other forum rule i may be breaking. [insert "100" emoji here].

DrModern wrote:guys,

i'm hangin' out gettin' ready to get a lil' furious watching this incredible film get robbed. it would ease the pain for me knowing you guys were out there getting equally furious. i'm definitely hitting up the limited imax re-release on saturday, so i'll have the film fresh in my mind before the oscars. if there's some way we could have a nolanfans live blog of hollywood's night of self-congratulation, that would be pretty chill. so... holla back here if you're down?

:gonf: :gonf: :gonf:

apologies if there's already a plan being hatched for this elsewhere, this belongs in another thread, or whatever other forum rule i may be breaking. [insert "100" emoji here].
I bet most of the users will be over in the 87th Academy Awards topic in the entertainment forum.

I don't really care about who wins the Oscars. I mean, most people till this day still treasure The Matrix and Fight Club more than American Beauty, 2001 more than Oliver!, Star Wars more than Annie Hall, Back to the Future more than Out of Africa, Goodfellas to Dances with Wolves, etc.

The Academy's opinion is as subjective and as open to debate as mine. Heck, I'd even say I can give a more educated opinion than them since I know that I actually see all the nominated films each year and 100+ new releases a year.

And as time shows,they don't really have an influence on what will be remembered and what will be forgotten. There's a whole bunch of Oscar winning films that some of you don't even know they've won. Most people already don't remember that The Hurt Locker won the Oscar. And most of you have probably never seen the aformentioned "Oliver!" and yet most of you have seen 2001.

So it doesn't really matter. I like when good films are appreciated and celebrated, so I'll probably tune in and to hopefully watch some funny jokes but overall I don't get mad with them. I might be suprised by some of their choices, shocked even by their opinion, but never really mad about it.

i think you need to consider channeling irrational rage at your TV a little bit more.