What would the sky look like ?

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
dsus4gtr wrote:A basic question about the sky in Interstellar once they arrive at the other side of the wormhole:

When Doyle says, "We're here..." and they show that wide shot of Endurance flying in the section of the universe on the far side of the wormhole (i.e. not the wormhole side by Saturn) - there are what appear to be nebulae and stars. Can anyone refresh my memory - in the film, do they explain where this part of the universe is located in proximity to our solar system? I believe it's another galaxy, but do they explain if it's one of the known galaxies that we have charted? Or, as a viewer, are we supposed to just think they're in "a" galaxy, and we don't know how far away it is, i.e. is it a galaxy that's near the edge of the known universe, is it somewhere in the middle, etc. In other words - do we know where Gargantua is located approximately in the known universe?
In the book Kip said that the wormhole is 10 billion light years long, so this galaxy is 10 billion light years away from Earth