Interstellar General Film Discussion Thread

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
Monicabbm wrote:
Ruth wrote: Yeah, you're right. Still, I really doubt he was a "politician" type - I don't think NASA would launch the missions and 11 other astronauts would follow a politician bullshitter who barely has any knowledge on science. Sounds like a disaster.

Brand says that he was the best of them. To go on a mission like that, he had to know everything. Remembering that he had no family, so probably part of his life was dedicated to NASA. He was prepared for any situation.
 As he was out of his mind, after trying to kill a man, I think he was arrogant.

Anyway, the death scene, though predictable, is the best scene of the movie. Great job of Nolan and Zimmer.
I was surprised with his death, because Nolan generally has disappointing death scenes. Mann's was great.

Anybody got a gif of this?

Monicabbm wrote:
Ruth wrote: Yeah, you're right. Still, I really doubt he was a "politician" type - I don't think NASA would launch the missions and 11 other astronauts would follow a politician bullshitter who barely has any knowledge on science. Sounds like a disaster.

Brand says that he was the best of them. To go on a mission like that, he had to know everything. Remembering that he had no family, so probably part of his life was dedicated to NASA. He was prepared for any situation.
 As he was out of his mind, after trying to kill a man, I think he was arrogant.
Yeah, that was what I was trying to say. If I were an astronaut, I would definitely not follow a politician to other galaxies and shit. He was smart.

I took him blowing the airlock as an act of desperation. I mean if he was willing to kill Cooper and Romilly, he obviously wasn't in his most logical and stable frame of mind.

PainCakesx wrote:
I took him blowing the airlock as an act of desperation. I mean if he was willing to kill Cooper and Romilly, he obviously wasn't in his most logical and stable frame of mind.
I'm not sure he meant to
kill Rom.
I mean I think he was unaware
that Rom was attempting to get into KIPP's memory.

Bacon wrote:
PainCakesx wrote:
I'm not sure he meant to
kill Rom.
I thought that Mann rigged Kipp to explode if anybody tried to access the data

PainCakesx wrote:
Bacon wrote:
PainCakesx wrote:
I'm not sure he meant to
kill Rom.
I thought that Mann rigged Kipp to explode if anybody tried to access the data
He did, but I think
a) he only did that to protect his secret that the planet is uninhabitable and b) I don't think he was planning on anyone doing it, let alone right after he attempted to kill Cooper.

When I was asked for a rating last week, I gave it a 9/10 on a whim.

Right now its sitting at a 7/10 in my mind.

Maybe I should just bite the bullet and do that second viewing tonight.

idk

Cilogy wrote:When I was asked for a rating last week, I gave it a 9/10 on a whim.

idk
Jeez all of these posts mixed with your avatar are really making you seem like you're sad for no reason. What made the rating go down? Just because you don't have a desire to see it again, doesn't mean that it's worse than you thought.

Bacon wrote:
Cilogy wrote:When I was asked for a rating last week, I gave it a 9/10 on a whim.

idk
Jeez all of these posts mixed with your avatar are really making you seem like you're sad for no reason. What made the rating go down? Just because you don't have a desire to see it again, doesn't mean that it's worse than you thought.
I've just been thinking about it so much; the flaws have really weighed me down.

There's just a lot that doesn't make sense, and I'm not talking about science. The narrative is just so messy, and the rough editing doesn't make it much better.

but I'm reserving my FINAL final judgement until the second viewing.