Interstellar Countdown Thread

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
thegreypilgrim wrote:I'm 19 hours through mine. About 30 or so to go, which will take me right to 11/4.
What's on your list, dude?

Cosmos: A Personal Voyage
The Right Stuff
From The Earth To The Moon
CE3K
Contact
Mission To Mars
Solaris
2001: a space odyssey
2010: The Year We Make Contact

....and then all of Nolan's films. And as a brief finale, Le Voyage dans la Lune.
Last edited by thegreypilgrim on October 25th, 2014, 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Watched 2001: A Space Odyssey again tonight. Good lord, what a film.

MiracleSleeper2 wrote:
yourstrulyinhd wrote:Is anybody marathoning movies? Either Nolan's films or some relevant scifi leading up to release?
Yeah, a lot of people on here are doing that. I personally am not doing it though.
Me neither. Partly because I'm busy and partly because I want to keep clean slate. Using Avengers trailer to flush memories of first two Interstellar trailers.

Might watch some episodes of Cosmos though.

MiracleSleeper2 wrote:
yourstrulyinhd wrote:Is anybody marathoning movies? Either Nolan's films or some relevant scifi leading up to release?
Yeah, a lot of people on here are doing that. I personally am not doing it though.
I've been extremely busy, but I've made time for Nolan whenever I can. I've been doing 2 films a week, starting with Following and going in order of release. I just did The Prestige on Wednesday, and it had actually been a while since I last saw it. Next week I'll do The Dark Knight and Inception. The week after that, it's TDKR and (of course) Interstellar to top it all off. I might try to squeeze in 2001 if I have a chance. I'm enjoying the ride...there's nothing like hype for a Nolan film.

AsianVersionOfET wrote:Watched 2001: A Space Odyssey again tonight. Good lord, what a film.
Just did the same last night. That got me even more excited for the space shots.

Wow, I can't believe there's only 11 days left...

Bale Fan wrote:Wow, I can't believe there's only 11 days left...
10 days if you're seeing it on the 4th. I gotta say, seeing the single digit number pop up in the days slot is kind of surreal.

Also, I just finished watching The Right Stuff. What a great movie. I highly recommend checking it out, and it's very reassuring to know it was such a huge inspiration for Interstellar. I also didn't realize how many famous actors were in it, as I didn't know much about it going in (kinda wish I had that same approach for Interstellar but I'm weak willed). So the tally of movies I've watched recently now includes The Right Stuff, 2001: A Space Odyssey, Memento, and Inception. I didn't really set out to watch them, I've just had an itch for anything Nolan or otherwise related to Interstellar/space movies. Maybe I'll watch Moon next.

It's really nuts when you think how close we actually are...

Next week I am seeing Interstellar.

Good god almighty that feels good to finally say.