'Interstellar' Reviews Discussion

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
Insomniac wrote:
rickfox wrote:wait ,, she gave rotten marks to Guardians of the Galaxy ,12 Years a Slave,The Grand Budapest Hotel,The Wolf of Wall Street and fresh marks for If I Stay,300: Rise of an Empire??
Yes, and many people here hate Terrence Malick but forcefully defend Michael Bay and Zack Snyder. What's your point? Are there no acclaimed movies you dislike and vice versa?
point?

I just simply present some facts of Stephanie Zacharek's personal judgment for movies --- some of them which against public and Oscar

many people here hate Terrence Malick but forcefully defend Michael Bay and Zack Snyder-- did I said anything about Terrence Malick or Michael Bay or Snyder in this thread?

and whethermany people hate or defend one of them or not,does that imply Guardians of the Galaxy ,12 Years a Slave,The Grand Budapest Hotel,The Wolf of Wall Street should be considered as rotten?

if not , then what is your point?
Last edited by rickfox on October 31st, 2014, 5:27 am, edited 3 times in total.

Vesh wrote:Considering this is the first Nolan film to get a significant amount of poor reviews while this forum has been active, I've been pleasantly surprised by the lack of total meltdown. Although the neuroticism is still off the charts.
Don't worry, the meltdown will come once RT stops taking critics' reviews and when the RT score Interstellar is the worst out of any Nolan film. It's inevitable. The neuroticism one of the symptoms before the meltdown.

So some people are starting to trash other movies with high RT %, just to make Interstellar (or Nolan's films in general) seem better than it might actually be? Yeah ok. I think we should refrain from things like that and just wait for the film instead, but it doesn't seem people here even pay attention to each other anymore.

DOFP is not overrated. Yes it has a great RT score, but is it going to take the awards by storm? Was it deemed the best of the best of the best? Nope, I sincerely doubt so. But it's still good as hell for what it is - an Xmen comic book film. Damn, it might actually be my favorite Xmen film.

Ruth wrote:So some people are starting to trash other movies with high RT %, just to make Interstellar (or Nolan's films in general) seem better than it might actually be? Yeah ok. I think we should refrain from things like that and just wait for the film instead, but it doesn't seem people here even pay attention to each other anymore.

DOFP is not overrated. Yes it has a great RT score, but is it going to take the awards by storm? Was it deemed the best of the best of the best? Nope, I sincerely doubt so. But it's still good as hell for what it is - an Xmen comic book film. Damn, it might actually be my favorite Xmen film.
I agree with this,and that saying something cause I'm a miserable b-stard when it comes to people frolicking around with their underpants on the outside wanting the world to take them seriously.

Ruth wrote:So some people are starting to trash other movies with high RT %, just to make Interstellar (or Nolan's films in general) seem better than it might actually be? Yeah ok. I think we should refrain from things like that and just wait for the film instead, but it doesn't seem people here even pay attention to each other anymore.

Guys ,guys take it easy.
This movie genre is very specific,you have to understand this is movie will be much different from anything hollywood has been producing these days.I am not saying it will be good but you need to understand that being the proffessional critic means they might not understand this genre ( not all of them).
For me 2001 is the best and most important movie in my life and most people i have talked with dont understand it and dont like it,thus this movie just cant be and wont be recognised by everyone if it is fantastic,most movies of this kind (if fantastic as i hope) arent at first.
I am not reading any reviews i read only Lord Shades in members reviews and its enough for me.If it had high score like gravity or avengers i would be sad,very sad :)
Relax and enjoy the ride i am sure we are in for something very special.

This movie is way too important for humanity to fail :)

"Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night...
Rage, Rage Against The Dying Of The Light."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWKrtzLNmwI
Hold your shit ,we are almost there !

6 Days to go, finally reserved my tickets.

Vader182 wrote:Truly heinous thoughts in this thread. Films are capable of having contradictions. In fact, the most obnoxious films tend to be those at odds with themselves. Many people, including many members of this forum, strongly felt Rises was rushed as also too long. Those two points of view aren't mutually exclusive. Whitewashing isn't healthy for anyone.

-Vader
Vader, are you objectively capable of giving a Nolan film a negative review, if it warrants one? What about pointing out the flaws that many film critics state Nolan has as a filmmaker? If I'm not mistaken, you have Inception as one of your top 10 favorite films of all-time, correct? Many consider Inception a prime example of the positives that Nolan brings to the table as a director, but also the issues that have permeated throughout the rest of his films.

I enjoy reading your film reviews and analysis, but when it comes to Nolan, I think the odds of you giving him a negative review for a film are about as long as us discovering a wormhole this afternoon and taking flight to another galaxy.

FROM THIS POINT AT RT:

I did some calculations. There would have to be 2.4 Fresh reviews for every Rotten review to make sure that by 250 reviews, the RT score is above 70

For it to be above 74, it needs 2.9 Fresh reviews for every Rotten review by 250 reviews.

For it to reach 80, it needs 4 Fresh reviews for every Rotten reviews by 250 reviews

hasanahmad wrote:FROM THIS POINT AT RT:

I did some calculations. There would have to be 2.4 Fresh reviews for every Rotten review to make sure that by 250 reviews, the RT score is above 70

For it to be above 74, it needs 2.9 Fresh reviews for every Rotten review by 250 reviews.

For it to reach 80, it needs 4 Fresh reviews for every Rotten reviews by 250 reviews
That's hard to accomplished. Bu curious how will it end.