Interstellar TV Spots

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
Juliui wrote:
Lord Shade wrote:Does anyone identify what music is playing in the new spot? I'm dying to hear it!!!
It's Only Four Men by Paul Haslinger.
Ahh thank you!

Really love this tv spot.

I like the tv spot, though I'm so happy that music isn't actually Zimmer's...

^ Me too, though I'm not surprised that it's not, since sometime ago he said they wanted the first time everyone hears it to be when we're in the cinema.

Nauta wrote:I like the tv spot, though I'm so happy that music isn't actually Zimmer's...
Yeah, thank god.

If the others tv spots were good, this last one is AMAZING! :clap:

Whoiam wrote:If the others tv spots were good, this last one is AMAZING! :clap:
Agreed! :twothumbsup:

The first disappointing thing related to this movie (for me).

Don't get me wrong, the actual footage is great. But the more action-y tone and editing feels so generic compared to the more emotional and grand tone of the theatrical trailers. It also feels like a misrepresentation of the actual film.

The shitty poor man's Steve Jablonsky score that people seem to love isn't helping.

Insomniac wrote:The first disappointing thing related to this movie (for me).

Don't get me wrong, the actual footage is great. But the more action-y tone and editing feels so generic compared to the more emotional and grand tone of the theatrical trailers. It also feels like a misrepresentation of the actual film.

The shitty poor man's Steve Jablonsky score that people seem to love isn't helping.
But you gotta make the TV spot exciting sometimes so as to make people want to see the movie. The reason general audience isn't thrilled about the movie is because the trailers so far have been too emotional and slow for their taste. (Don't get me wrong I still prefer the theatrical trailers over this).

I agree with your view on the score though.

Rom
Last edited by Rom on September 8th, 2017, 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.