Predict Rotten Tomatoes/IMDb scores

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
Oh! I can rank the Nolan films in this thread?! awesome! here:

1. Inception
2. Memento
3. Interstellar
4. The Prestige
5. The Dark Knight
6. The Dark Knight Rises
7. Batman Begins
8. Insomnia
9. Following

No but seriously, I'm actually stunned this movie is in the mid 70's, not because I hate it but because I know what awful douchebags critics are these days, specially when it comes to Nolan, I think it's truly one of the greatest Science Fiction movies of all time and is actually among Nolan's finest, after watching it a third time I can't be happier about this achievement. Pity there's so many haters around.

IMDb rank is now 12

CoRohr wrote:IMDb rank is now 12
Zeitgeist baby! Awesome that ppl are loving it.

Sky007 wrote:
It was 11 before. Not that 12 is bad, it's very impressive. Just updating its status :)

CoRohr wrote:
Sky007 wrote:
It was 11 before. Not that 12 is bad, it's very impressive. Just updating its status :)
I'm surprised Interstellar is rank 12 with 8.8. Also i'm surprised that it's 9.0 on Interstellar's page.

And how the hell did TDK got up to rank 4.

Havoc1st, TDK was the first on the first weekend debut. Never seen this happen before.
Ranked first for over a month I think.

Havoc1st wrote:
Too many Nolan fans on IMDB.

redfirebird2008 wrote:
Havoc1st wrote:
And too many Nolan haters on Nolan Fans.

Hustler wrote:
redfirebird2008 wrote:
Havoc1st wrote:
And too many Nolan haters on Nolan Fans.
Yes

redfirebird2008 wrote:
Havoc1st wrote:
Or perhaps Nolan's films are just that damn good that even people who are not obsessed with his films like we are feel compelled to rate his films highly? :P

While I agree IMDB is somewhat of a cesspool and the integrity of the Top 250 list has been somewhat diminished in recent years as new releases bump off classics I still find it hard to argue against when there are numerous films from such revered directors as Hitchcock, Kubrick, Scorsese, Spielberg, Billy Wilder, Ridley Scott, Frank Capra, Sidney Lumet, Ingmar Bergman, Francis Ford Coppola, Clint Eastwood, Orson Welles, John Huston, David Lean, etc still on it.

But for the sake of it let's look at how the more discriminatory IMDB demographics (IMDB staff/Top 1000 voters) rate Nolan's films-

The Dark Knight #4 - 8.9 (8.2/8.2)
Interstellar # 12 - 8.8 (8.0/7.7)
Inception #14 - 8.7 (8.7/7.9)
Memento #41 - 8.5 (8.5/8.0)
The Prestige #51 - 8.4 (8.0/7.6)
The Dark Knight Rises #54 - 8.4 (7.9/7.5)
Batman Begins #109 - 8.3 (8.1/7.7)

So if we average the 2 numbers in parentheses technically only Inception (avg = 8.3) Memento (avg = 8.25) and The Dark Knight (avg = 8.2) should be in the Top 250 and personally I think that sounds right but the others aren't far off and as we know many rank Nolan's films differently, with some maintaining that The Prestige is Nolan's best or the latest Interstellar. Nolan's films are all of such high quality that you could make an argument for just about any of them. Now sure, their rankings even for the three that would maintain position on the list are perhaps a bit inflated but I don't get too wrapped up in where on the list films place and it could simply be due to people rating whose exposure to film is more limited and naturally a Nolan film is going to stand out among the crowd of other Hollywood affair.

There's only two that I find a bit ridiculous to be on the list and those are BB and TDKR and perhaps that's just because I view them as the lesser Batman films and I find one of the trilogy being on the list to be enough but they still get respectable scores from the IMDB staff and Top 1000 voters so yeah...

Frankly I think you could make similar arguments about Peter Jackson films or other directors with cult followings such as Tarantino, but let's look at some of Scorsese's films even that are in the Top 250 which probably don't belong...

Departed #47 - 8.5 (8.2/7.9)
The Wolf of Wall Street #128 - 8.2 (7.6/7.6)
Shutter Island #212 - 8.0 (7.3/7.2)

As you can see from those numbers it could be argued The Departed might just barely belong on the list (with an avg of 8.05) but the other two with averages of only 7.6 and 7.25 would fall quite short of qualifying if based only on those two demographics...