Interstellar Oscar Chances

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
Remember when people actually thought this had a legit shot at best picture?

hahahaha good times

Well most the pundits were saying it too until some bad reviews took the wind out of the film's sails...

Still say it would've been handled better by WB, both in terms of screenings/buzz and Oscar campaign

Maybe it would have had a better chance if it were released further into the year?

Eh I don't know, they probably still wouldn't be bold enough to go there.

This is sad to see; AwardsDaily voters picked both Gone Girl and Interstellar in the 7th annual simulated Oscar ballot...

http://www.awardsdaily.com/blog/2015/01 ... -nominees/

Interstellar had 6th most first round votes and got in on third round ballot reallocation, which is basically what I expected based on the stats I analyzed but alas the Academy is a different animal...

Also disappointing is that Interstellar finished 2nd for cinematography in this simulation, which had a pretty good population size btw of over 1,200 ballots compared to AMPAS 6000 members

I've read somewhere that most voters don't even bother to watch most movies.

Is that true?

Pratham wrote:I've read somewhere that most voters don't even bother to watch most movies.

Is that true?
It's just a rumor. There are some who don't watch all the movies, but I don't think it's "most". And Interstellar was definitely seen by most of the Academy the way it was promoted.

If they don't watch some films, it's definitely the foreign ones, shorts, documentaries and animated and some indies.

So Interstellar lack of success is definitely not due to "not being seen" by the Academy. Neither is Gone Girl's.

Pratham wrote:I've read somewhere that most voters don't even bother to watch most movies.

Is that true?
Frozen won over The Wind Rises. No matter how many times i read this sentence i can't make a logic out it.

It's the only plausible reason. They don't watch the movies.

Is that true?
Never thought of that.