DVD/BLU RAY RELEASE

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
Nomis1700 wrote:
Crazy Eight wrote:
Nomis1700 wrote:
I think they did it differently in TDK than in TDKR.. Or at least, it looked rather different to me though.
huh?
What? The IMAX sequences in TDK looked razor sharp whereas the 35mm shots didn't looked that good at all. TDKR had overall good quality though the corners of the image were sometimes out of focus. There wasn't that much difference in quality with 35mm and IMAX shots. But I think I know why that is.
I mean, I'm not sure what to tell you if you didn't see "that much difference in quality with 35mm and IMAX shots".

The two Blu's were mastered differently, if that's what you're getting at. TDK was the IMAX DMR master, TDKR cut between the IMAX and the 35mm master's.

Crazy Eight wrote:
Nomis1700 wrote:
Crazy Eight wrote:
huh?
What? The IMAX sequences in TDK looked razor sharp whereas the 35mm shots didn't looked that good at all. TDKR had overall good quality though the corners of the image were sometimes out of focus. There wasn't that much difference in quality with 35mm and IMAX shots. But I think I know why that is.
I mean, I'm not sure what to tell you if you didn't see "that much difference in quality with 35mm and IMAX shots".

The two Blu's were mastered differently, if that's what you're getting at. TDK was the IMAX DMR master, TDKR cut between the IMAX and the 35mm master's.
Ah yes that's what I meant. Well I say difference in the 35mm and the IMAX shots in the blu-ray, only it wasn't as much as with TDK's, but I get that now. Still, the IMAX shots looked better than the 35mm, the colors were much better and the image was brighter. Just like in theater. Since we don't have a real IMAX theater in my country anymore we only got like 5 digital ones. They're fine, at least they're better than regular screens but it won't be as beautiful as 15/70mm is said to be (I've never witnessed it before unfortunately). I do love that Nolan keeps using IMAX camera's especially in new ways as he and Hoytema did with Interstellar.

I cannot wait to get the blu-ray of this it is going to be one of the very rare times I'll actually buy a blu-ray! :lol:

Big Hero 6 was released the same day, and now that dvd is being released soon.

Any predictions when we will get Interstellar Blu Ray? :gonf:

neb4ever wrote:Big Hero 6 was released the same day, and now that dvd is being released soon.

Any predictions when we will get Interstellar Blu Ray? :gonf:
Blu-ray.com has the title listed for a potential March 10th release.

Holy cow.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/42931046?www= ... irect=true
Interstellar (Collector's Edition) (2-Disc Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD) (NEO-Pack Packaging + Art Book + IMAX Film Cell) (Walmart Exclusive)

Giftset includes the 3-Disc BD Combo, with an entire Blu-ray disc of bonus features, only available on Blu-ray. Packaged in a new "NEO-Pack" packaging featuring beautiful graphics from the film. Also included is a 48-page art book featuring images and copy from the "Interstellar" coffee table book. Lastly, each giftset comes with an actual IMAX film cell, cut from a 70mm print of the film.
Last edited by antovolk on January 16th, 2015, 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Asanty wrote:
What is IMAX film cell?
One of these cut from a print of the film

I liked the shifted aspect ratio for TDKR. Most of my friends I watch it with don't notice the changes.

Anyway, I'm stoked for this. Just wish I could see it in Imax a couple more times. :(

March 31st now? That's too long :(

antovolk wrote:Holy cow.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/42931046?www= ... irect=true
Interstellar (Collector's Edition) (2-Disc Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD) (NEO-Pack Packaging + Art Book + IMAX Film Cell) (Walmart Exclusive)

Giftset includes the 3-Disc BD Combo, with an entire Blu-ray disc of bonus features, only available on Blu-ray. Packaged in a new "NEO-Pack" packaging featuring beautiful graphics from the film. Also included is a 48-page art book featuring images and copy from the "Interstellar" coffee table book. Lastly, each giftset comes with an actual IMAX film cell, cut from a 70mm print of the film.
Fuck yes. I wanna know what the cover art will be though.