DVD/BLU RAY RELEASE

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
Pre-ordered my copy just now :)

I live in Belgium so I hope that my international courier doesn't screw up my delivery ...
Or else!

Sky007 wrote:Damn I want a steel book but I don't like that cover. The Walmart one is much better. What are you guys gonna do? I imagine there will be a collector's edition at some point too.
I agree completely. The Walmart one is the go-to so far, between the image and the packaging (I actually like the Gone Girl/The Social Network-type packaging as much as a steelbook). I wouldn't hold my breath for any collector's edition down the road, if the TDK trilogy one is anything to go by.

brickarts295 wrote:If anyone has either Gone Girl or Social Network (when it first came out) on blu ray you'll notice that the packaging where the discs are is difference from the usual blue box. That's a Neo Pack.
Here's an example

I went for the Walmart Edition, I usually pay $20 for a blu ray, but with all the stuff package with this for $10 extra it's pretty worth it. Only have to wait till Friday for delivery :D
Actually Gone Girl and TSN are "Digipaks", not Neopaks. Interstellar is a Neopak though. It's essentially the same as old Digipaks but with some supposedly improved alterations. People tend to like them better on average than older Digipaks which some people don't like.

Sky007 wrote:Damn I want a steel book but I don't like that cover. The Walmart one is much better. What are you guys gonna do? I imagine there will be a collector's edition at some point too.
Sure, Target's Interstellar cover isn't as good as Walmart's one. But it's still looks great.

Bacon wrote:
brickarts295 wrote:If anyone has either Gone Girl or Social Network (when it first came out) on blu ray you'll notice that the packaging where the discs are is difference from the usual blue box. That's a Neo Pack.
Here's an example

I went for the Walmart Edition, I usually pay $20 for a blu ray, but with all the stuff package with this for $10 extra it's pretty worth it. Only have to wait till Friday for delivery :D
???
The week it releases on. It comes out on a Tueday, I only have to wait till Friday of that week for delivery.

Hustler wrote:
I agree completely. The Walmart one is the go-to so far, between the image and the packaging (I actually like the Gone Girl/The Social Network-type packaging as much as a steelbook). I wouldn't hold my breath for any collector's edition down the road, if the TDK trilogy one is anything to go by.
But TDK has the batman mask, and TDKR had the cracked batman mask, both of which I have. Inception also had the briefcase with the totems inside (Tho that was super expensive). I hope for something similar with Interstellar.

The Walmart one is clearly the best option - it has the most extra goodies and the best cover. Any idea if this edition will be available at a different retailer in Europe?

Sky007 wrote:
Hustler wrote:
But TDK has the batman mask, and TDKR had the cracked batman mask, both of which I have. Inception also had the briefcase with the totems inside (Tho that was super expensive). I hope for something similar with Interstellar.
Oh yea, I forgot about those individual releases. I even have the TDKR broken cowl edition (two of them in fact) and TDK with Bat-pod. Still, didn't all those versions release right away, not announced after the regular versions? I guess the TDK trilogy "ultimate" collector's edition left a bad taste in my mouth and I don't wait for something better to come along anymore. Here's to hoping though.

So the Target version is released during the same date as the Walmart version, right?

Also is the Target version only for a limited time, just like the Walmart version?

does it make me not hardcore that i will probably just buy a digital copy? what are the alleged advantages of all these special thingies? just a cool collector's item? 95%+ of what i want is just the right to watch the movie wherever. digital seems more convenient for that. thoughts?