Trailer #2

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
MyCocaine wrote:
ek79 wrote:I never liked her commentaries. Never.
So It's no different here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gssBNSl2Dh0
She is the most ignorant and annoying movie reviewer on the internet. Every time she attempts to talk about a movie she ends up yapping about box office this and that. I saw her "review" for Locke and The Drop and all she talk about was how Tom Hardy shouldn't be doing smaller movies. She is a joke and bimbo with no knowledge of film.
She can talk about box office all she wants, but what she said about Interstellar didn't make a lick of sense. She's calling Interstellar derivative and harping on about that. And then she goes onto say Inception and Prestige were original Nolan films. Did she even watch Inception? Inception was drawn from many of the same sources that inspired Interstellar. Nolan even publicly states that he hoped no one noticed how much he ripped off ridley scott, nicolas roeg, and kubrick in making Inception. EVERY SINGLE movie is derivative. Every single filmmaker is inspired by something that came before. I swear, I wanted to punch that chubby clueless blonde bimbo through my computer screen! :x

P.S. And her stupid rant about Interstellar being "70s style" also made no sense. The movie is as contemporary as it can be.

chocoboba wrote:
Are you this miserable all the time?
Probably just till Interstellar comes out. 8-)
Hahaha, you rotten bastard

chocoboba wrote:
MyCocaine wrote:
ek79 wrote:I never liked her commentaries. Never.
So It's no different here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gssBNSl2Dh0
She is the most ignorant and annoying movie reviewer on the internet. Every time she attempts to talk about a movie she ends up yapping about box office this and that. I saw her "review" for Locke and The Drop and all she talk about was how Tom Hardy shouldn't be doing smaller movies. She is a joke and bimbo with no knowledge of film.
She can talk about box office all she wants, but what she said about Interstellar didn't make a lick of sense. She's calling Interstellar derivative and harping on about that. And then she goes onto say Inception and Prestige were original Nolan films. Did she even watch Inception? Inception was drawn from many of the same sources that inspired Interstellar. Nolan even publicly states that he hoped no one noticed how much he ripped off ridley scott, nicolas roeg, and kubrick in making Inception. EVERY SINGLE movie is derivative. Every single filmmaker is inspired by something that came before. I swear, I wanted to punch that chubby clueless blonde bimbo through my computer screen! :x

P.S. And her stupid rant about Interstellar being "70s style" also made no sense. The movie is as contemporary as it can be.
Speaking of this, there are more than a few interviews in which Nolan discusses taking art-house sensibilities and infusing them into large-canvas entertainment.

There are a few movies on Nolan's top 10 Criterion list that I think are going to have interesting application to Interstellar:

- For All Mankind
- Bad Timing
- Koyaanisqatsi
- The Hit

And of course he obviously loves Bladerunner and 2001.

antovolk wrote:Good news: Warner/Paramount sent an unencrypted version of Interstellar trailer 2 to international cinemas this week, expect a 4K (!!!) encode soon with a proper surround mix…

ras_al_deacon wrote: Speaking of this, there are more than a few interviews in which Nolan discusses taking art-house sensibilities and infusing them into large-canvas entertainment.

There are a few movies on Nolan's top 10 Criterion list that I think are going to have interesting application to Interstellar:

- For All Mankind
- Bad Timing
- Koyaanisqatsi
- The Hit

And of course he obviously loves Bladerunner and 2001.
Don't forget, he listed The Black Hole as one of his guilty pleasures!
http://www.24lps.net/directorsrecommend/nolan.html

Anyone know if Michael Caine is actually playing Kip Thorne? I was thinking that would be pretty cool, like how he had Tesla as an actual character in The Prestige. (which I started re-watching last night) 8-)

lcbaseball22 wrote:Anyone know if Michael Caine is actually playing Kip Thorne? I was thinking that would be pretty cool, like how he had Tesla as an actual character in The Prestige. (which I started re-watching last night) 8-)
Well, it can only be an homage to Kip Thorne, not more, since Thorne is American and looks nothing like Caine :P

lcbaseball22 wrote:Anyone know if Michael Caine is actually playing Kip Thorne? I was thinking that would be pretty cool, like how he had Tesla as an actual character in The Prestige. (which I started re-watching last night) 8-)
wut

I think he's playing an original character, but wasn't there talk of Thorne making a cameo as himself?

Maybe in the
opening scene when the gravitational waves are first detected, if that's still in the final film? Maybe the Ansen character has been replaced by Thorne, with Caine playing his assistant years later. In that case, who could be playing young Caine?

thegreypilgrim wrote:I think he's playing an original character, but wasn't there talk of Thorne making a cameo as himself?

Maybe in the
opening scene when the gravitational waves are first detected, if that's still in the final film? Maybe the Ansen character has been replaced by Thorne, with Caine playing his assistant years later. In that case, who could be playing young Caine?
Mike Myers