Trailer #2

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
Rom
Last edited by Rom on September 8th, 2017, 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aili wrote: Christopher Nolan in March told The Hollywood Reporter that Matthew McConaughey was his top choice to play the lead in "Interstellar."

"I admired him as a movie star and I knew he was a good actor, but I didn't know how much potential he had until I saw that early cut. It was a transformative performance," he said.

"Interstellar" is set to be released to theaters on November 7, 2014.

Hmm, they screwed up the quote. Nolan was talking about an early cut of "Mud" not "Interstellar".

I think he was talking about Interstellar only. It was i guess at cinemacon in march where he was talking about how editing the first cut is an interesting process to him. Perhaps it was then he realised that beyond his reasons to cast him as Cooper, McC had real acting potential as perhaps noticeable at the editing table. He mentioned about Mud when McC visited him during pre-prod days. Besides why would Nolan watch the first cut of Mud ? Won't the final cut, the movie itself speaks for it ?
Last edited by Rsionis on May 23rd, 2014, 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rom wrote:
Starfox wrote:Actually nvmd lol. I just realized you said HD and I only have the low quality french version.
Yea I still have the bootleg, but I want to watch 1080p in french. Btw I'm huge spoiler-eater when it's related to Nolan movie, so I've read the script and I'm gonna swallow all the spoilers available until movie release. :D
LOL same here. I don't mind spoilers most of the time. its like reading a book and then seeing it get translated to film, but you know the interpretation will be 100% accurate. Enjoy the Spoilers :D

Has the 4K version been released yet?

Kip and Caine is a decent thought. Don't believe it though. Kip is now (present day consultant). If I'm correct, based on the script, the opening scenes from the trailer take place 50+ years from now. :roll:

My money is still on my theory.
thegreypilgrim wrote:I think he's playing an original character, but wasn't there talk of Thorne making a cameo as himself?

Maybe in the
opening scene when the gravitational waves are first detected, if that's still in the final film? Maybe the Ansen character has been replaced by Thorne, with Caine playing his assistant years later. In that case, who could be playing young Caine?

thegreypilgrim wrote:My money is still on my theory.
thegreypilgrim wrote:I think he's playing an original character, but wasn't there talk of Thorne making a cameo as himself?

Maybe in the
opening scene when the gravitational waves are first detected, if that's still in the final film? Maybe the Ansen character has been replaced by Thorne, with Caine playing his assistant years later. In that case, who could be playing young Caine?
I bet he makes a cameo in the beginning of some kind, just for homage. Comparing it to Tesla from Prestige is bonkers though.

Don't you guys think it would have been a way better and smarter move to attach this trailer to X-Men? I mean, X-Men has bigger stars, a bigger name, a bigger audience and it now looks like it's also a much better movie than Godzilla. This would have been the movie to attach the trailer to in my opinion.

chocoboba wrote:Don't you guys think it would have been a way better and smarter move to attach this trailer to X-Men? I mean, X-Men has bigger stars, a bigger name, a bigger audience and it now looks like it's also a much better movie than Godzilla. This would have been the movie to attach the trailer to in my opinion.
X-Men - Fox
Godzilla - WB/Legendary
Interstellar - Paramount/WB/Legendary

Not saying it's impossible to put it in front of a FOX movie, but it is probably cheaper/easier to promote in front of your own film.

nolannolanchrischris wrote:
chocoboba wrote:Don't you guys think it would have been a way better and smarter move to attach this trailer to X-Men? I mean, X-Men has bigger stars, a bigger name, a bigger audience and it now looks like it's also a much better movie than Godzilla. This would have been the movie to attach the trailer to in my opinion.
X-Men - Fox
Godzilla - WB/Legendary
Interstellar - Paramount/WB/Legendary

Not saying it's impossible to put it in front of a FOX movie, but it is probably cheaper/easier to promote in front of your own film.
Yeah I would've thought they could attach it, seeing as Marvel attached GOTG #2 and Paramount attached TF4 #2 to DOFP. If anything it's surprising that it's NOT attached, normally after the engagement with your own movie (i.e. Godzilla) they'd put it on the "trailmix" drive to use with other films on a weekly basis...