Interstellar Script Discussion

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
It's been awhile since I read the script, but I wouldn't say it was "about" aliens. They were just an element on the ice planet. They didn't effect the overall actions of the characters.
You need some cool visuals and action in the movie.

radewart wrote:
It's been awhile since I read the script, but I wouldn't say it was "about" aliens. They were just an element on the ice planet. They didn't effect the overall actions of the characters.
You should give it a reread. It was a major element to the entire script. It was...
...mentioned right from the beginning. The idea is that the black hole was created by extraterrestrials (this is hinted at in the opening few minutes). Who and what these extraterrestrials are is a mystery throughout the movie. The ice planet is confirmation of this in a small sense. Also, the discovery of certain devices in the latter half of the draft is attributed to extraterresrtials. The question hangs over the entire script. In Chris' draft, apparently that has been taken out completely.

radewart wrote:
Exactly
The Aliens/Creatures were just a part of the story but were not central to it, nor did they have any influence on the plot. I actually enjoyed them while reading the script. I thought it was a very cool part to the story. :D

Hey guys could someone of you send me the old script? Thanks in advance.
Last edited by Panapaok on May 14th, 2014, 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Concerning the 2008 draft of the script.
I never fully understood why the gravity device the crew finds when they are exploring the colony on the ice planet is so important in reversing the famine problem on earth. Maybe its something that I overlooked or need to see visually played out in the film, if that part of the script is still intact in Chris's rewrite, that is.

I assume
That Timothee Chalamet becomes Topher Grace becomes Bill Irwin

That Mackenzie Foy becomes Jessica Chastain becomes Ellen Burstyn?

so......
no alien in nolans vision? :x

I understand why
he cut them
(it´s not his style).

davids wrote:I assume
That Timothee Chalamet becomes Topher Grace becomes Bill Irwin

That Mackenzie Foy becomes Jessica Chastain becomes Ellen Burstyn?
I think you may be right. that's my guess too :twothumbsup:

Panapaok wrote:Hey guys could someone of you send me the old script? I would appreciate it very much.
My email: [email protected]
Check your email.