Interstellar Script Discussion

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
o SHAKESPEARE o wrote:
DoubleD wrote:
Have you read a different version of the script, or are you just assuming and suggesting?
It's from Chris Nolan's revised draft.

In the casting videos, the actresses say they're trying out for the part of Tina in "Project: Interstellar" and then they are referred to as "Tina" in the dialogue of the "second scene." The "first scene" is from Contact, but the dialogue in the second scene is not from any known movie and fits the elements of Interstellar (grandfather, dad leaving, "one-way trip" mission). Also, the dialogue is rather fantastic and VERY "Chris Nolan" in nature.

Here it is, for anyone interested:
Cooper: Just spoke to your grandfather. He says you want to leave. (beat; searching her face) That surprised me.
Tina: Why?
Cooper: Well, I thought the two of us were having fun.
Tina: You’re leaving--
Cooper: Tina--
Tina: --you’re going away, just like you did before.
Cooper: It’s different this time, Tina. We talked about this.
Tina: You never wanted be with us, you always wanted to go.
Cooper: That’s not true.
Tina: Then stay.
Cooper: It’s not that simple.
Tina: Yes, it is.
Cooper: You like model planes, right? We build model planes together every weekend. Let’s say you told me one day you wanted to be a pilot. Let’s say all you ever dreamed about was flying. What would you do if I told you that wasn’t possible? What would you do if I stopped building models with you? Would you stop dreaming about it?
Tina: No...
Cooper: That’s right. You’d keep dreaming about it. You’d do everything you could to make those dreams come true.
Tina: Not if my family were more important than my dreams. Not if being with them was better than flying.
Cooper: You’ll understand when you grow up.
Tina: I built those stupid models with you because that’s the only thing that makes you feel comfortable around me!
Cooper: I’ll go call your grandfather.
Tina: Fine. Call him. When you’re gone, you’ll just-- (stops; voice caught in her throat) Nobody’s gonna miss you! You’ll just be some guy who went off to do some stupid thing for no other reason than to make himself happy.
Cooper: Tina...
Tina: Go! (turns away; then, regretting) Wait, dad--
But he’s already gone.
This. This is the revised script I'm looking for. Can you please PM this version? Please!! I have the 1st draft, which is fantastic, but I'd like to have this draft. Please.

hershey228 wrote:This. This is the revised script I'm looking for. Can you please PM this version? Please!! I have the 1st draft, which is fantastic, but I'd like to have this draft. Please.
There is no revised script. Well, there is, but only Chris Nolan has it. That's just a transcription of audition tapes that were posted a few weeks ago.
antovolk wrote:As posted in another thread, Caine said he'll be playing
a professor

Brand's dad confirmed?

But then who will be playing
Donald? Also, can Michael Caine pass as any of the other actors' father?

EnzoTheBaker wrote:
hershey228 wrote:This. This is the revised script I'm looking for. Can you please PM this version? Please!! I have the 1st draft, which is fantastic, but I'd like to have this draft. Please.
There is no revised script. Well, there is, but only Chris Nolan has it. That's just a transcription of audition tapes that were posted a few weeks ago.
antovolk wrote:As posted in another thread, Caine said he'll be playing
a professor

Brand's dad confirmed?

But then who will be playing
Donald? Also, can Michael Caine pass as any of the other actors' father?
Exactly! I was genuinely surprised to hear him say that he was playing
a professor.
I think this, again, means that significant changes have been made to the script, either by Chris or by Jonah in subsequent drafts. The character of
Brand's father
is not really a
"professor."
In particular, the first word I would use to describe
Brand's father
would certainly not be
"professor." It would be something like "scientist," "researcher," "assistant," etcetera. And Donald is certainly not a professor, which would mean that Michael Caine isn't playing either (as they have been written in the '08 Jonah draft).
The only other alternative would be
Ansen
but he literally has five pages of "screen time."

The question then is, who is he playing? My vote: someone entirely new, created by Chris' new script.

Is it possible that someone could send me the script? What I'm interested in is reading it after the film comes out and seeing if it was real, and if so, what was changed by Chris. If you could send a copy, let me know.

IntellectualProperty wrote:Is it possible that someone could send me the script? What I'm interested in is reading it after the film comes out and seeing if it was real, and if so, what was changed by Chris. If you could send a copy, let me know.
How about you just wait until the film comes out and then ask for the early draft, so you don't fall into the impulse of actually reading it before the film is out?

Wow, I didn't even know about this board until I came looking for the script. Anyone able to PM me it please? I'm a screenwriter myself and would love to check it out.

Thanks

PM me please. <3

EDIT: My registration date and number of posts should be enough as confirmation that I'm one of the good guys.

Can someone send the screenplay to my pm? thanks. i would appreciate it

I only just found out about the draft leak. :( Some kindly fellow PM me?

Even though I don't think I'll read it beyond
FIFTY YEARS LATER

titansupes wrote:I only just found out about the draft leak. :( Some kindly fellow PM me?

Even though I don't think I'll read it beyond
FIFTY YEARS LATER
So then why do you want it for
6 pages?