Interstellar Script Discussion

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
Well, can someone send it to me, please? :-D

After reading nearly 40 pages of this script, honestly, I don't "feel" this script. It have a Spielberg feeling not Nolan. I hope that Chris will change it. A lof of things.

Octaviana wrote:Well, can someone send it to me, please? :-D
Thank you guys, I got it :)

To those who have read the script, how large will the cast be in comparison to Inception ?

Alexi D wrote:To those who have read the script, how large will the cast be in comparison to Inception ?
Slightly smaller.

That being said, I think Chris has changed Jonah's draft significantly. We may end up seeing an "Inception-sized" cast.

Yeah its impossible to say when the script we have is not only an early draft, but its also five years old and without Chris Nolan's contribution. It could be very different today.

After reading the script my hopes have only gone up though. I think this might be one for the ages, cause even that early draft had plenty of stuff I'd never seen depicted in a film before. I can't even wrap my head around some of the visuals in this.. And it not only worked as a sci-fi adventure film, it also moved me emotionally and was very, very interesting thematically. Fix those characters, motivations - and add some more weird shit - and you have the most awesome film ever. The recipe is in the pudding as they say
@sammyjankis88

Is Hathaway confirmed as the female lead role, or could Chastain actually be Brand?

BlairCo wrote:Is Hathaway confirmed as the female lead role, or could Chastain actually be Brand?
The Deadline article said that Chastain is the "third lead" so I think the common assumption is that Hathaway is Brand because she's the 2nd lead but with the changes you just don't know anymore.

I'm sticking with my theory that Nolan expanded
Murph's role, made her a female, and either Anne or Jessica is playing her. Most likely Jessica if Brand is still the 2nd lead.

TalkOnCorners wrote:
BlairCo wrote:Is Hathaway confirmed as the female lead role, or could Chastain actually be Brand?
The Deadline article said that Chastain is the "third lead" so I think the common assumption is that Hathaway is Brand because she's the 2nd lead but with the changes you just don't know anymore.

Murph's role, made her a female, and either Anne or Jessica is playing her. Most likely Jessica if Brand is still the 2nd lead.
I like that theory.

It falls in line with this question I have: Do you think Chastain would sign onto a movie with a part the size of
Roth or Doyle?
As much as I like your theory though, I hope this instead means that Chris has expanded the entire "team" (crew) a fair bit - at least, I hope he has.

o SHAKESPEARE o wrote:
TalkOnCorners wrote:

I like that theory.

It falls in line with this question I have: Do you think Chastain would sign onto a movie with a part the size of
Roth or Doyle?
As much as I like your theory though, I hope this instead means that Chris has expanded the entire "team" (crew) a fair bit - at least, I hope he has.
I think she still would. It's a Nolan movie after all... I do hope too that those roles were expanded. They have potential especially
Roth. I think he has the makings of a scene stealer/lovable character