Interstellar General Information

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.

:lol: @ Anne almost spoiling something about the sets. :X

ChristNolan wrote:Can anyone who's read Jonah's draft tell me if the science is presented in a fashion that the audience will be receptive to, or is there a cause for concern the film could come off as a class lecture at times?
Having read the 2008 script, I can say:
the science is presented in a very entertaining way without coming off as pretentious or over explanatory. It seems the script has many scenes that could use Avatar-like CG special effects. So, if anything, this latest quote from one of the actors that it's less "science fiction" and more based in real theoretical physics is only worrisome to me if that means Chris will have the neutron stars, black holes, wormholes, ice planets, shapeshifting aliens, probes, space stations, and everything "sci-fi" practical rather than CG - in other words, I know people who are wanting it to have Prometheus/Avatar/Event Horizon/Star Wars - like CG special effects, and if Nolan opts to do something without all those type of CG special effects - will it win those CG-special effects fans over too?

TalkOnCorners wrote::lol: @ Anne almost spoiling something about the sets. :X
Damn, so close! I wonder what she was gonna say?!

Ace

I have a feeling... Year from now, that symbol will be my second tatt.

Allstar wrote:
The Special One wrote:He didn't mention Casey Affleck either.
Yes he did, it is the last name he mentions.
But, he didn't mention Topher Grace, and I don't think he had scenes with Topher or Chastain.
Ace wrote:Image
CORN!
Also, I'm just guessing what that hat symbol might be. Space station?

Not a space station in my opinion... More like some sort of interstellar drive, also a time travel machine, notice how one of the ''cabins'' is in the center surrounded by other (spinning?) parts, sort of like that machine from Contact.

Love his enthusiasm. :)

:clap:

^ I see what you did there and yeah, everyone should, by default, feel enthusiastic enough while spending their time on Nolan's set. I can only imagine how exciting it was to be a part of this project.