Interstellar General Information

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
North By Northwest is a great example of what he's talking about. At times you can't even hear the dialogue, but it doesn't matter. Hitch doesn't want you to get it all. It is indeed experimental, and I think it works great. Especially for this.

Most people complain that Nolan always tells the audience rather than show; now he uses something unconventional - sound - to tell a story and people want to hear the dialogue.

MeLVaNoaTe wrote:Most people complain that Nolan always tells the audience rather than show; now he uses something unconventional - sound - to tell a story and people want to hear the dialogue.
Ah, so you've noticed how much time people spend bitching about contradictory things.

redfirebird2008 wrote:When you have subwoofers going for no reason during quiet dialogue scenes, I think you've jumped the shark into Michael Bay territory.
So many people at my screening were baffled at times where quiet dialogue scenes were unintelligible.

I watched it twice in a 70 mm IMAX and I had no problems picking up the dialogues overall, except perhaps for McC's drawl at the very beginning of the film.

Nolan definitely reads this place.

Amazing thread.

HorrorBiz wrote:
redfirebird2008 wrote:When you have subwoofers going for no reason during quiet dialogue scenes, I think you've jumped the shark into Michael Bay territory.
So many people at my screening were baffled at times where quiet dialogue scenes were unintelligible.
So many people are pretty stupid. As Carlin said, "Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are stupider than that." I commend Nolan for not sacrificing his vision because WAAHH I MISSED A LINE OF DIALOGUE EVEN THOUGH THE IMAGE AND MUSIC ARE TELLING THE STORY WAAAHH. If only he had also stuck to his guns on Bane's voice instead of dumbing it down. Nolan is a firm believer that audiences aren't stupid but they continually try to prove him wrong.

nolan is a hack and he should stick to making superhero films

i think this movie will suck if nolan directs it

I saw it in IMAX my first time and understood 99% of all the dialogue. Saw it in regular for my second and third time, understood 100% of all the dialogue. People need to get their ears/attention spans fuckin checked.

I like you Hustler. Hell, you can come around to my house and fuck my sister.