Interstellar General Information

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.

Inception was easy-peasy to follow, so I can only imagine how Interstellar feels in comparison.

All is well. All was always meant to be well, overreactions across the board are hilarious.

lcbaseball22 wrote: http://whatculture.com/film/martin-scorsese-ranking-his-movies-from-worst-to-best.php
LOL stopped reading there.. clickbait lists written by morons, that site make buzzfeed look like NY Times.

KJ007 wrote:Guys, I think I kind of figured out what Interstellar is about. I think we've been tricked by the trailers, they are not going to any other planet- they're visiting earth in the future. In general relativity, the future is already set. Maybe, they're trying to obtain something from earth that's available only a million years later from the current time period.
If this is a serious assertion, there's a lot wrong with the idea. For one thing, multiple planets are visited within a linear timeframe. Secondly, Earth is not and never will be next to a supermassive black hole. Third, this trope is pretty played out in sci-fi, and I can only imagine that there would be a hint of this in the reviews, not to mention I don't think Nolan would go for it.

Also, going into slightly more spoilerish territory (stuff slightly beyond what's shown in trailers but which can be gleaned from various bits of info from official interviews and articles):
Certainly, time dilation will play a role in the film, with his daughter growing up into Jessica Chastain. But it isn't some surprise reveal like in the Planet of the Apes where they go to a planet and eventually realize it's Earth in the future, instead we're shown what's going on on Earth while Cooper and crew travel in space. Time dilation plays a dramatic role as a ticking clock element, putting Cooper and crew in an almost literal race against time where the last generation on Earth is quickly slipping away.

I wouldn't put it past Nolan to add something weird at or near the end of the movie that we don't expect, of course. Maybe the crew actually attempts backwards time travel as a desperate last resort when they fail to meet their deadline? Maybe they return in time to save humanity, but there's an emotional gut punch when Coop sees his daughter as an old woman? (All just speculation, I don't know any more about the movie than most people on this forum). There's many surreal and surprising possibilities with theoretical physics that could be employed for an unforgettable climax, so I doubt Nolan will rely on a sci-fi cliche.

I ain't giving a shit about any of these reviews. As long as the film stays close to this, and gives me the same feeling I get after watching this, then I will be the happiest man on Earth.

9 Days to go... seems so far right now.

Vader182 wrote:I decided I'm skipping this. I might even leave the forum.

EDIT: Maybe I'll watch the screener.

-Vader
It's hilarious how many people has been disappointed out of their pathetic expectations, I wasn't actually expecting to see this kind of whiny shit this soon, well... farewell sir, take your hopes and dreams somewhere else.

P.S: oh and in case you find yourself writing in other forums, try not to sign every comment you make, we can already see your name and well... it's fucking stupid.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

OVERMAN wrote:
It's hilarious how many people has been disappointed out of their pathetic expectations, I wasn't actually expecting to see this kind of whiny shit this soon, well... farewell sir, take your hopes and dreams somewhere else.

P.S: oh and in case you find yourself writing in other forums, try not to sign every comment you make, we can already see your name and well... it's fucking stupid.
:facepalm:

New to the internet are we?

OVERMAN wrote:
Vader182 wrote:I decided I'm skipping this. I might even leave the forum.

EDIT: Maybe I'll watch the screener.

-Vader

Are you aware of the word sarcasm? :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: