Interstellar General Information

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
LeoCobb wrote:
mosh89 wrote:I hope the third act will be good.my only critism of nolan is that the third or middle part of the act are his weakest.eg banes revolution,second half of begins,inception limbo 4 th layer with mal,harvey dent dying too quickly.
Are you serius? I loved all, except Batman Begins. But, in this case, I think was Goyer's fault.
I agree with the goyer claim.man of steel has the same problem aswell. I love tje way nolan starts his movies and sucks you in but the third act for usually tries to hard.but he does have good endings

I know I'm probably going to get beat up for this but I was slightly dissapointed with TDKR. Mainly because I felt it lacked the heart of the first two films. Don't get me wrong, it was a good movie, just not what I expected after that "jaw dropping" second entry in the trilogy. Like the beginning of the film for example felt straight cheese. The officers dialogue and everything right down to the chase felt like (for lack of a better term) the prestige of its predecessor had faded away.

Go easy on me ;)

Starfox wrote:I know I'm probably going to get beat up for this but I was slightly dissapointed with TDKR. Mainly because I felt it lacked the heart of the first two films. Don't get me wrong, it was a good movie, just not what I expected after that "jaw dropping" second entry in the trilogy. Like the beginning of the film for example felt straight cheese. The officers dialogue and everything right down to the chase felt like (for lack of a better term) the prestige of its predecessor had faded away.

Go easy on me ;)
I'm not a fan of it either. :thumbup:

Starfox wrote:I know I'm probably going to get beat up for this but I was slightly dissapointed with TDKR. Mainly because I felt it lacked the heart of the first two films. Don't get me wrong, it was a good movie, just not what I expected after that "jaw dropping" second entry in the trilogy. Like the beginning of the film for example felt straight cheese. The officers dialogue and everything right down to the chase felt like (for lack of a better term) the prestige of its predecessor had faded away.

Go easy on me ;)
BB and TDK both had "straight cheese" in them, especially BB so that complaint doesn't hold up. The rest of your post I can't comment on because it's merely personal feeling.

ChristNolan wrote:

Go easy on me ;)
BB and TDK both had "straight cheese" in them, especially BB so that complaint doesn't hold up. The rest of your post I can't comment on because it's merely personal feeling.
True but I would say that TDK had more "cheese" than BB although I think it was a lot more coherent and worked better in those two films. :)

Starfox wrote:
ChristNolan wrote:

Go easy on me ;)
True but I would say that TDK had more "cheese" than BB although I think it was a lot more coherent and worked better in those two films. :)
I don't see how. All of the humor is worked in the same way pretty consistently throughout the films.

I don't see how. All of the humor is worked in the same way pretty consistently throughout the films.
I'm not referring to the humor, I'm talking about the way the dialogue in relation to the some of the scenes were handled. I really enjoyed the film nonetheless. I'm simply saying I didn't feel it held up to the Masterpiece that was TDK ;)

Starfox wrote:
I'm not referring to the humor, I'm talking about the way the dialogue in relation to the some of the scenes were handled. I really enjoyed the film nonetheless. I'm simply saying I didn't feel it held up to the Masterpiece that was TDK ;)
I look at it this way: All three films succeed in different areas in conjunction to the others. And when you combine them together you get a masterful story told across the board.

ChristNolan wrote:
Starfox wrote:
I look at it this way: All three films succeed in different areas in conjunction to the others. And when you combine them together you get a masterful story told across the board.
I completely agree with that. As a whole it was seamless and the story was told brilliantly.

Just visited Interstellar's IMDB news page and there are headlines of different websites with positive reviews:

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Interste ... 67822.html

"Paramount is keeping press folks under embargo until October 27th":
http://blogs.indiewire.com/thompsononho ... z-20141021

Brad Bird's tweet: Dazzled by the ambition & intelligence of Chris Nolan's INTERSTELLAR. Terrific performances, haunting imagery, WOW. See it in 70MM IMAX.
http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/inte ... creenings/