Interstellar General Information

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
So I keep trying (without success) to manage my ultra-hyped expectations for this movie, but I have to wonder after watching all of the trailer footage, reading interviews, and coming to Nolanfans: is it feasibly possible for Interstellar to be a bad movie? Or will this truly be something we have never seen before on the big screen?

BlackSuit wrote:So I keep trying (without success) to manage my ultra-hyped expectations for this movie, but I have to wonder after watching all of the trailer footage, reading interviews, and coming to Nolanfans: is it feasibly possible for Interstellar to be a bad movie? Or will this truly be something we have never seen before on the big screen?
Possibility of Interstellar being a bad movie is very, very small.
This is what I expect, after reading all interviews, trailers etc (except for leaked script):
Good movie at the least. Nolan touch to the story (narrative structure/plot twists and surprises/other stuff). Movie will have an epic 70s/80s sci fi adventure feel to it. Movie will play on the emotional keys. Zimmer's soundtrack will be awesome. Movie's technology and science will be grounded in reality. Black dude will probably be the 1st crew member to die (I hope not, though. Too cliche, Nolan knows better). Ending will be satisfying.

Interstellar wrote:From IMDb:
"Interstellar" is the first film ever to star no less than five Academy Award Winners (Oscars). Those are Matthew McConaughey, Anne Hathaway, Michael Caine, Ellen Burstyn and Matt Damon.
Whoever wrote that on IMDB has obviously never heard of the movie Nine, which starred Daniel Day-Lewis, Judi Dench, Marion Cotillard, Nicole Kidman, Penelope Cruz, and Sophia Loren. All of whom are Oscar winners.

antovolk wrote:
Hustler wrote:What does trade screening mean exactly? Just for people in the industry like critics and such? I know someone who just might be seeing the movie at that theater. And yes, according to that list on the IMAX site, Scotiabank Toronto will be playing it in 70mm.
Trade screenings I believe are for the big shot publications such as THR, Variety etc. Then there are more general press screenings for bloggers and websites, magazines and such. And of course for industry people too if they are invited.

This is not correct. Trade screenings aren't for publications--they're for exhibitors and theater owners. Trade screenings are held all over and then the studio will collect their reactions.

Hustler wrote:Gotcha, thanks. Now comes the serious consideration of whether to read the reviews as they start to trickle in, or whether to limit myself to certain publications. Better yet, just keep an eye on the Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic scores. My brain says avoid reviews at all costs, but my heart says, "Screw you brain. What do you know?"

That's exactly how I feel. Hopefully, if I can control myself, all I will know is an early RottenTomatoes score. I don't want to know the final RottenTomatoes score before I see the film, mainly because I still want to go into the film with as little expectations as possible. Hyping, while fun, doesn't work all the time. ;)

Oh, I'm new here, hello all. :)

jake088800 wrote: This is not correct. Trade screenings aren't for publications--they're for exhibitors and theater owners. Trade screenings are held all over and then the studio will collect their reactions.
Ok, thanks for clearing this up, just that someone else on another forum said that they are for the trade publications such as Variety. Won't be surprised if they are invited too.

antovolk wrote:
jake088800 wrote: This is not correct. Trade screenings aren't for publications--they're for exhibitors and theater owners. Trade screenings are held all over and then the studio will collect their reactions.
Ok, thanks for clearing this up, just that someone else on another forum said that they are for the trade publications such as Variety. Won't be surprised if they are invited too.
I have a feeling that we will be hearing a great deal of reactions when these start becoming more frequent. :thumbup:

HorrorBiz wrote:
Interstellar wrote:From IMDb:
"Interstellar" is the first film ever to star no less than five Academy Award Winners (Oscars). Those are Matthew McConaughey, Anne Hathaway, Michael Caine, Ellen Burstyn and Matt Damon.
Whoever wrote that on IMDB has obviously never heard of the movie Nine, which starred Daniel Day-Lewis, Judi Dench, Marion Cotillard, Nicole Kidman, Penelope Cruz, and Sophia Loren. All of whom are Oscar winners.
..and it was total crap!! LOL!

It's like a ghost town in here. Quick, someone say something constructive about the movie!

Or not.

Interstellar...it's a doozie, that one.