Interstellar General Information

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
stoifics42 wrote:(Hopefully) Coming Soon:

Time Travel & INTERSTELLAR

- Exactly how large is the black hole in the film?
- How much will time dilate at certain distances and orbital speeds?
- What kinds of trajectories can Endurance be expected to travel and withstand?
- How far in the future can Cooper & Co. expect to travel?
- And more!

This one will probably take a couple days to make, but the final results should be interesting.

Sneak peek at some of the math involved:

Previous analyses:
- Endurance http://imgur.com/a/RCKME
- Relativity http://imgur.com/a/TpzOY
- Centrifuge http://www.nolanfans.com/forums/viewtop ... 11#p862711
Can't wait! :clap:
Ace wrote:Image
I think this is from the Empire interview.
They look great 8-)

Aili wrote:
TalkOnCorners wrote:I personally disliked that part in the script but I don't believe they would cut it just to get a PG13 rating. That scene is very vanilla mild. It will not affect the rating.
If they're naked it will. Or if they say "fuck" more than once. Boyhood has an R rating. I was surprised GotG got a PG13 rating as though they never said fuck, they did say prick and a variety of other "dirty" words repeatedly.

On twitter, there is a guy named Jacob Hall who is now being following by a bunch of Hollywood bloggers cause he's sitting in the secret screening in Austin... waiting to find out if it's Interstellar.
They won't be naked lol

The scene will probably make the cut but is hardly anything that will raise the rating, and Interstellar won't be R rated that's for sure.

stoifics42 wrote:
CoolwhipSpecial wrote:Man, you should be trying to cure cancer or some shit. Not impressing us idiots.
Unfortunately, I'm an aerospace major, not biomedical. I do these analyses because they're fun: I get to apply my math/science knowledge while simultaneously trying to pick apart a film I've been waiting for for so long. I'm not trying to impress anyone by posting them here; it's just that NolanFans seems to be the internet hub for INTERSTELLAR speculation so the people here will get the most out of it.
Demo wrote:Very well done :twothumbsup: So well done, actually, that I'm contemplating on skipping your thorough posts from now on for fear of spoilers. :ninja:
Everything I post is based on obsessive overanalysis of the trailers & posters. While I do have the original script, I haven't read it, so I don't think I'm really "spoiling" anything if I have no inside knowledge of the film...

(although I might be taking away the element of surprise for people who didn't conclude all these things from the trailers, which is a given when reading fan theories)
Explains how you knew all the stuff about Endurance and physics and all that. Mad respect that you're an aerospace engineer. I'm an EE major right now, got a lot of friends studying aerospace engineering and they're just dying right now lol.

Matthew_Nolan wrote:
Aili wrote:
TalkOnCorners wrote:I personally disliked that part in the script but I don't believe they would cut it just to get a PG13 rating. That scene is very vanilla mild. It will not affect the rating.
If they're naked it will. Or if they say "fuck" more than once. Boyhood has an R rating. I was surprised GotG got a PG13 rating as though they never said fuck, they did say prick and a variety of other "dirty" words repeatedly.

On twitter, there is a guy named Jacob Hall who is now being following by a bunch of Hollywood bloggers cause he's sitting in the secret screening in Austin... waiting to find out if it's Interstellar.
They won't be naked lol

The scene will probably make the cut but is hardly anything that will raise the rating, and Interstellar won't be R rated that's for sure.
+1 :D

Ace wrote:Image
I think this is from the Empire interview.
matthew your big dog, well done, from behind, like i told you to do.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

danny wrote:matthew your big dog, well done, from behind, like i told you to do.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
:lol:

So, this thread's gotten a little crazy. I'm going to have to stay away from this whole section and turn off avatars when Trailer 4 hits.

titansupes wrote:So, this thread's gotten a little crazy. I'm going to have to stay away from this whole section and turn off avatars when Trailer 4 hits.
Same.