Interstellar General Information

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
I think I'm sticking with 2015 for a release date, maybe 2016 depending on how long the rewrites take.

I'm actually genuinely surprised that no copies of the original script have popped up online, given that it's apparently been floating around the Hollywood ether for ages. Though I suppose it's entirely possible that Nolan and Co. have been systematically removing all traces of it from the Intarwubs.

TehBatGetsBraked wrote:Alright this is bullshit give us SOMETHING for fucks sake!

I know. I'm dying for a confirmation.

Amelia wrote:I'm actually genuinely surprised that no copies of the original script have popped up online, given that it's apparently been floating around the Hollywood ether for ages. Though I suppose it's entirely possible that Nolan and Co. have been systematically removing all traces of it from the Intarwubs.
I looked for this immediately after the rumor hit as well. It's out there... somewhere...

Aha! Something possibly interesting: an article from CalTech's school magazine, circa 2010, on Kip Thorne and his involvement with the film (http://tech.caltech.edu/archive/04_14_2010.pdf), which gives a tiny (tiiiiiiny) bit more information regarding the plot:
According to Chen, who gained his knowledge of the movie through conversations with Thorne, the storyline centers on the discovery of an energy source from the Hawking radiation from a nearby blackhole. Extra-dimensional beings that control the blackhole may also exist in the plot.

Several plot points are allusions to general relativity and parts of Thorne’s research, including the gravitational red shift that occurs when the character is close to the vicinity of the black hole.
Okay. So now we know it's got aliens in it. I think. Possibly. Maybe?

Amelia wrote:Aha! Something possibly interesting: an article from CalTech's school magazine, circa 2010, on Kip Thorne and his involvement with the film (http://tech.caltech.edu/archive/04_14_2010.pdf), which gives a tiny (tiiiiiiny) bit more information regarding the plot:
According to Chen, who gained his knowledge of the movie through conversations with Thorne, the storyline centers on the discovery of an energy source from the Hawking radiation from a nearby blackhole. Extra-dimensional beings that control the blackhole may also exist in the plot.

Several plot points are allusions to general relativity and parts of Thorne’s research, including the gravitational red shift that occurs when the character is close to the vicinity of the black hole.
Maybe. I can't help but think Crystal Skull when I hear this :shock:
Sigs???

TehBatGetsBraked wrote:
Amelia wrote:Aha! Something possibly interesting: an article from CalTech's school magazine, circa 2010, on Kip Thorne and his involvement with the film (http://tech.caltech.edu/archive/04_14_2010.pdf), which gives a tiny (tiiiiiiny) bit more information regarding the plot:

What about it sounds anything like Kingdom of the Crystal Skull?

anikom15 wrote:
TehBatGetsBraked wrote:
What about it sounds anything like Kingdom of the Crystal Skull?
Last edited by TehBatGetsBraked on February 22nd, 2013, 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sigs???

I think it's more likely (inevitable, really) that it's going to wind up being compared to Prometheus. And by "compared", I mean that, for years to come, halfwits on IMDb will engage in long, angry, pointless arguments about which one was worse.

If this is accurate, then Interstellar is going to be everything Prometheus wanted to be.