Interstellar Teaser

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
Although there was very little actual footage that was a beautiful teaser. The cinematography and the music are top-notch. McConaughey's speech is also amazing, I wonder who is responsible for that Chris or Jonah?

I think a lot of people expecting something more bombastic would be disappointed but I love that the trailer is so quiet. Does anybody know how it is being received? The cast billing is also interesting. I am really intrigued who Bill Irwin is playing since he is billed even when other bigger names are not.

the music is my favorite part of the teaser. it's confusing. it's weird. it's trippy. it's beautiful. it's majestic. a couple of very Nolanesque shots mixed with some very un-Nolanesque shots make it visually astounding and intriguing. the colors. the movement.

i want someone (not lazy me) to connect the dots. what is this stock footage telling us? is it *just* stock footage, meant to underscore the monologue? is there a theme they all point towards? a specific message within them meant to unlock more mysteries surrounding the film?

I'm a John G wrote:the music is my favorite part of the teaser. it's confusing. it's weird. it's trippy. it's beautiful. it's majestic. a couple of very Nolanesque shots mixed with some very un-Nolanesque shots make it visually astounding and intriguing. the colors. the movement.

i want someone (not lazy me) to connect the dots. what is this stock footage telling us? is it *just* stock footage, meant to underscore the monologue? is there a theme they all point towards? a specific message within them meant to unlock more mysteries surrounding the film?
What you see is what you get, more or less... Humanity is on the brink of collapse, it encourages to, once more, reach for the stars, but this time as our only means for survival. There are some other plot points hidden withing that shot of books as well, and it's not one particular book, it's books about space and human advancement in general.
You may say humanity has been dumbed down to focus on important matters... like knowing how to properly tend your farm.

Man could someone make a loop/recreation of that music? lol
Teddy.......?

Honestly, I still do not know what Interstellar is about. That is a good thing (or I'm just slow :P ). Either way I am curious for what Nolan has in store for us.

Repeat value - check.

It has a potential to be the true film event of 2014, people will watch it over and over again because of it's structure: you buy the ticket for the ride, it goes up, up, and away, you hit the finish line feeling accomplished and exhausted, but also in need for more.

Box-office glory - check.

So, originality and invention wins once more.

is the narration part in the script?

I can say the teaser has a grown on me a bit since yesterday.

Monicabbm wrote:Am I the only one who thought it just good?
yep me too, nothing special IMO (but TDKR teaser sucked, it doesn't mean anything bad for the film)

So, the bookshelf in the trailer: I see a toy rocket there, and it looks like it's being covered by falling dust, which seems significant. On the other hands, the books seem like a pretty random assortment of whatever they had lying around.