Man of Steel (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
http://collider.com/man-of-steel-set-visit/

says the whole movie was shot handheld

uh so snyder picked to post convert to 3rd instead of shooting real 3d because it would hinder him from shooting handheld oh COME OAAN

it still looked great, i mean the cinematog, not the 3d, i just dislike the shakyness in shots that no cinematographer would ever do with handheld

i'm talking about a particular one, actually the first shot from the council meeting that jor el attends... that shit would never call for handheld srsly

The shakiness and double zoom-in shots were really annoying, which is a shame because a lot of the scenes looked beautiful and were ruined with the cinematography choices. I would have been fine with handheld shots with the dialogue scenes, with the action scenes, I could barely see what was going on.

BlairCo wrote:The shakiness and double zoom-in shots were really annoying, which is a shame because a lot of the scenes looked beautiful and were ruined with the cinematography choices. I would have been fine with handheld shots with the dialogue scenes, with the action scenes, I could barely see what was going on.
I was fine with that stylistic choice at times, but yeah, it got annoying after awhile.

For MoS2, It should be Lex Luthor, and possibly involving Project Cadmus. If it is Luthor, it could be possible that there will be a side villain as well, possibly Metallo or even Doomsday (wishful thinking). But since MoS2 is the DC film that starts to connect other heroes - Supergirl, Hawkgirl, Martian Manhunter, etc., are likely to pop up, it would be smart to bring in other villains in this film, villains based around the Superman story, which would bring two main villains.

For JL, it has to Darkseid or Brainiac for Superman. I hope they don't take the approach that Marvel did with just ONE overall villain. That was just.. could've been so much better. Spread out the villains in this one, a smaller Legion of Doom even. So many options, just refer back to DCAU to pick :)

i think the handheld was great for the action scenes but just not for dialogue scenes

like, at times in those dialogues i could literally imagine the camera guy trying to dodge shit and not step over cables and such each time the camera got

Russell Crowe would consider a Man of Steel prequel

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/russell-c ... el-prequel
While Man Of Steel may have polarised both critics and audiences, its mammoth box office take has made a sequel an inevitability.

However, what about a prequel? With Zack Snyder establishing a new vision of Superman’s homeland, is there any scope for a prequel story based around Jor-El?

It’s a question that Russell Crowe has apparently been asked a lot on Twitter, with the Australian star admitting he wouldn’t be averse to the idea.

“A lot of you are asking about a KRYPTON prequel,” said Crowe on the social networking site. “If that's something you feel strongly about let @Legendary pictures know your thoughts.”

The questions continued to come, and when pushed on the matter, Crowe revealed that, “if it came up, I'd give the tights another go.”

We’d say it would be more likely to see Crowe reappearing in a sequel in hologram form as opposed to heading up a fully-blown prequel, but you never know. Is there the appetite for a Krypton-set movie? Tell us your thoughts in the comments…

A lot of you are asking about a KRYPTON prequel, if that's something you feel strongly about let @Legendary pictures know your thoughts
— Russell Crowe (@russellcrowe) July 5, 2013

I will start by saying that the tornado scene is probably the most ridiculous, most horribly written scene I have ever watched in a film.

How can you waste such a strong cast? Shannon gets so little screen, it's just sad.
What was the point of Lois Lane's character? I'm pretty sure she was just there so everyone could explain her everything with that glorius Nolan expository dialogue.

Did we really need 30 minutes of flashbacks showing us how sad it is to grow up with super powers?

Are you EFFIN finished?

MoSFAN1998 wrote:I will start by saying that the tornado scene is probably the most ridiculous, most horribly written scene I have ever watched in a film.

How can you waste such a strong cast? Shannon gets so little screen, it's just sad.
What was the point of Lois Lane's character? I'm pretty sure she was just there so everyone could explain her everything with that glorius Nolan expository dialogue.

Did we really need 30 minutes of flashbacks showing us how sad it is to grow up with super powers?

Are you EFFIN finished?
You could express your feelings towards the film without being a bitch you know?

Man of Steel BluRay, BluRay 3D, and 2D Edition (no statue) is appearing on Amazon France and another website for residents of South Africa!

Listed as 35,000 units of this specially packaged edition available, it remains to be seen if this will be available like this worldwide from Warner Bros or if it will remain region specific.
Amazon France (Residents of France) Images aren’t show on this listing, but it IS the exact item of this post: http://www.amazon.fr/exec/obidos/ASIN/B ... g=hb023-21
Takealot.com (Residents of South Africa): http://www.takealot.com/movies/action/m ... d,29755847

Dammit Snyder, give us the director's cut. The original THREE HOUR MAN OF STEEL