Man of Steel (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Crazy_superman wrote:she own the film hands down
That she did :)

TehBatGetsBraked wrote:Had a go at BIG G ZOD in charcoal. I wanna draw two more MOS sketches after this...different characters tho obviously

Criticism welcome
WOW! very awesome :clap: :twothumbsup:

Christopher Reeves cgi'd onto Cavill

Sandy wrote:Image

:o Did they actually?!? I remember watching that scene and thinking to myself "man he sure looks a lot like Reeves there"
Its pretty subtle but you can definitely tell.

well..... 4.5/5.

I didn't expect to enjoy it this much but I did.

pps: might see it again tonight

4.5/5

I didn't expect to enjoy it this much but I did. I went open minded (56% on RT. jezzz) and I had a blast. 0.5 because of the goosebumps and the fact that I was rooting for the guy. man, and this doesn't happen to me very often.

but fairly, it has it's flaws. little emotional scene - big action/cgi piece - little emotional scene - bit action/cgi piece, and so on. makes the action seem repetitive and too much (the gravitational ship battle, which is in the middle of the movie, wasn't as fun as the other action scenes for me). this can be too much for those cgi and those "too much action" "haters". not much character development (aside for Clark). the story is good and enjoyable (I don't understand the "hate" towards Goyer some have regarding this movie - he shouldn't direct his scripts, that's a fact, *cough*Blade 3*cough*; no Nolan bros here, but he did his job just fine for a summer blockbuster). where is the body count again? they battle in the friggin city :judge: in the real world it would have been a massive uproar, aliens battling in a city like on their playground.

but this is the Superman I've been waiting for, honestly. with massive massive action. this is what I wanted to see in a superhero movie for a long time. and Snyder pulled it off (better that the Avengers, way way better than Transformers). the only one to outshine him on this one will be del Toro with Pacific Rim. honestly, regarding Snyder, as of now, this is on par or behind Dawn of the Dead, followed by Watchmen DC (the rest are meh).

and I rooted for the damn guy, Kal I mean. To me he was more of a Kal-El than Clark Kent in this movie. Christopher Revees was closer to Clark Kent imo. But Cavill is a damn good Superman. He is the action supehero Superman has to be, the caring vulnerable "human" being (that moment with his mother, both of them sitting on the porch for example), and... that lady's man smile :lol: (now "he is kinda cute" is not that cheesy ain't it?)

Russell Crowe stood out (with a bigger role in the movie than I expected). Costner and Lane were likable, playing the human parents (Costner with a smaller screen time and Lane with a bigger one than I expected). I don't think Amy Adams was underused (she was sexy, tough in a feminine way; a reporter). But I think their "love", despite the obvious chemistry between them, was too forced for such a small time frame in which the movie takes place. Antje was cold blooded :D And Zod was not Joker but he made for a good villain (with a purpose behind his actions) and Shannon played him well. I liked the (subtle?) expression on Shannon's, Cavil''s and Crowe's face in certain moments. Fishburne was ok. and, last but not least, a shout out for Christopher Meloni :D (I know him from the Oz series)

also the expansion of the story behind Krypton was a good welcome which wasn't explored in a movie.

what can I say, I really liked it. again, didn't expect it to like it like this but...

ps: imo it deserved at least between 70 and 80 % on RT.

EDIT: saw it the second time. the rating stands. also Hans Zimmer.... I will not use words, only :clap:

RabidBEBOP wrote:
Sandy wrote:Image

:o Did they actually?!? I remember watching that scene and thinking to myself "man he sure looks a lot like Reeves there"
Its pretty subtle but you can definitely tell.
Sure as hell looks like it to me. Of course, my source is Reddit, it looks like it.

C'mon guys, they didn't superimpose Reeve's face onto Cavill.... :roll:

Yes, it does look like Reeve, but it ain't him.

This guy makes some good points.