TDKR Reviews Discussion

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
CNN gave it a bad review. :(

4 more rottens is about what it'll take to kiss 90% goodbye

Threshold wrote:I'm a bit annoyed about the constant references (especially in negative reviews) to 9/11. Just because chaos is erupting in New York-ish Gotham doesn't mean it deserves, or needs, comparisons. I mean Avengers caused destruction to NY and yet no-one refernced it.
Yes, it is do with people getting reminded of it, but honestly, it almost feels gratutious.

Exactly....weird huh?

Drewton wrote:CNN gave it a bad review. :(

This review was ridiculous. The guy had an obvious bias and sounded like he was looking for lame excuses to not like it. hahaha

I have stopped giving fucks about the negative reviews simply because The Prestige, which I fucking loved and consider one of Nolan's best, if not one of the best films I have ever seen, has a 76% approval on RT with a 7.1 rating. :facepalm:

I mean, that should pretty ensure that TDKR will be better.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

Cilogy wrote:I have stopped giving fucks about the negative reviews simply because The Prestige, which I fucking loved and consider one of Nolan's best, if not one of the best films I have ever seen, has a 76% approval on RT with a 7.1 rating. :facepalm:

Exactly! It shouldn't matter, at the end of the day it's all up what you like no reviews or scores should influence that.

I've noticed quite a few of the rottens were from critics that weren't around for TDK or BB.

Some of these new critics have been taking it to TDKR :JGLface:

Cilogy wrote:I have stopped giving fucks about the negative reviews simply because The Prestige, which I fucking loved and consider one of Nolan's best, if not one of the best films I have ever seen, has a 76% approval on RT with a 7.1 rating. :facepalm:

Exactly.

Scott Weinberg - positive:

http://www.geeknation.com/blog/the-dark ... es-review/
Truth is, sometimes I miss you so bad I can hardly stand it. - Jack Twist

Well, I'm guessing everyone is at the theatre right now seeing or getting ready to see the midnight release (I can't do this cause I've got work tomorrow...will be seeing it in IMAX after) but it looks like the score are starting to settle now. Here's the current state of things...

Broadcast Film Critics Association- 90 (certified Critic's Choice film)
Rotten Tomatoes- 87% with 8.0 avg (78% for "Top Critics")
Metacritic- 80

I expect there could be up to about 50 more reviews added to RT in the coming days but the rest looks pretty final...maybe one or two more for Metacritic, idk. Overall pretty solid and even though these scores don't quite match or exceed TDK realize that there are many critics who say it does. TDKR just happens to be a bit more devisive with haters in the same vain as seen with Inception and there those out there who apparently lack brains and a heart and just don't "get" Nolan's films or otherwise have some sort of vendetta against Nolan, perhaps out of jealousy (David Edelstein and Rex Reed I'm looking at you...) :roll:

BTW, idk if this is fan-made or not (certainly looks legit) but this is an awesome trailer tying together the trilogy 8-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... T__uN5xmC0
Last edited by lcbaseball22 on July 20th, 2012, 2:37 am, edited 5 times in total.
Memento: A+
Inception: A+
The Dark Knight: A
Interstellar: A-
The Prestige: A-
The Dark Knight Rises: A-
Batman Begins: B+
Following: B
Insomnia: B-

Having seen the film I'm surprised the rating is that high, actually. It's going to be a very divisive work, moreso amongst the regular viewer than the critics.
Ah, böwakawa! Poussé, poussé...