TDKR Academy Awards Predictions

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Zez wrote:Again, I don't think this will get nominated for any major ones. Or even technical, at that. My TDKR AA hopes are over.

And I really, really hope I eat these words.

I'm investing all of my Academy Awards stock in The Master and Django Unchained.
It has all the technical awards in the bag. It doesn't matter if it was a comic book movie. It was a great movie and I hope the academy will see that.
Brave New World

At this point, two weeks after the release of the film, I highly, highly doubt that there will be any significant nominations, except for the technical ones. Two weeks after release and the movie is now an afterthought, with the upcoming of the Oscar-bait films in the last months of the year, nobody is going to remember TDKR unless there's an aggressive marketing campaing by WB, and a re-release of some sort.

I really don't care at this point if it gets nominated or not, I'm glad and satisfied with what I saw, I don't need an awards ceremony to confirm that what I saw was a great movie.

willyjoel wrote:At this point, two weeks after the release of the film, I highly, highly doubt that there will be any significant nominations, except for the technical ones. Two weeks after release and the movie is now an afterthought, with the upcoming of the Oscar-bait films in the last months of the year, nobody is going to remember TDKR unless there's an aggressive marketing campaing by WB, and a re-release of some sort.
I really don't care at this point if it gets nominated or not, I'm glad and satisfied with what I saw, I don't need an awards ceremony to confirm that what I saw was a great movie.
So false. The movie is still being talked about because people either haven't seen or have seen it multiple times. The movie is still number 1 at the box office and people are still trying to figure out what the final tally will be. It may not get any noms in the big categories but trust me leading up to the announcement of the noms TDKR will be a primary focus of discussion.

It can win any Oscar this year except 2
Best Editing :(
Best makeup will 100% go to Cloud Atlas 8-)

:goNF:

Leo vs Philip Seymour Hoffman.

riddick-danish wrote:Best makeup will 100% go to Cloud Atlas 8-)
The Hobbit or The Hunger Games.

Except the technical nominations,I think Nolan has a great possibility to be at least nominated for best director this year. Here's why:

1.Maybe this film per se doesn't give him the best director award (since there were a lot of mixed reviews),but I think they are going to award him for the whole trilogy.Nolan absolutely changed the superhero genre of movies and this merit of his can't pass unobserved.
2.IMO,the Academy has some weird politics of giving the awards after underrating an actor or director for a long time. Take Christian Bale. He was excellent in all his movies,he deserved an Oscar for American Psycho,The machinist or others,but he got one for The fighter (great performance,but not his best).I think it is time for Christopher Nolan to receive The best director award after being ignored for so long and after the hype following TDK for him not being given one.
It's time he gets what he deserves :goNF:

Best Picture Noms. (best possibility for any films of 2012)
1. Lincoln
2. The Master
3. Les Miserables
4. Django Unchained
5. The Great Gatsby
6. Beasts of The Southern WIld
7. The Hobbit
8. Hyde Park and Hudson
9. Zero Dark Thirty
10. Life of Pi
11. TDKR
12. Moon Rise Kingdom
Brave New World

ryan4butler wrote:Best Picture Noms. (best possibility for any films of 2012)
1. Lincoln
2. The Master
3. Les Miserables
4. Django Unchained
5. The Great Gatsby
7. The Hobbit
8. Hyde Park and Hudson
9. Zero Dark Thirty
10. Life of Pi
11. TDKR
12. Moon Rise Kingdom
I think the chances of The Hobbit getting nominated would very limited since its going to be a 3-Part movie. And if it does get nominated, there is going to be retribution from the Potter fans because of the last film snub.
And by the time you're done reading this, you'll realize that this is just my sig

ryan4butler wrote:Best Picture Noms. (best possibility for any films of 2012)
1. Lincoln
2. The Master
3. Les Miserables
4. Django Unchained
5. The Great Gatsby
7. The Hobbit
8. Hyde Park and Hudson
9. Zero Dark Thirty
10. Life of Pi
11. TDKR
12. Moon Rise Kingdom