TDKR Box Office

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.

Wow, if true that's pretty terrible. Unless word of mouth stays consistently super positive, it's going to be a struggle to hit 450m-500m domestic.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:Wow, if true that's pretty terrible. Unless word of mouth stays consistently super positive, it's going to be a struggle to hit 450m-500m domestic.

-Vader
i guess that fella really scarred the movie goers big time this time :(

Vader182 wrote:Wow, if true that's pretty terrible. Unless word of mouth stays consistently super positive, it's going to be a struggle to hit 450m-500m domestic.

-Vader
I think it hardly reach 450...430 maximum :cry: It is still pretty massive. But we expected more...

Dan_87 wrote:

-Vader
i guess that fella really scarred the movie goers big time this time :(
Yeah, this guy completely sucks. If only his medical school doctor had read his letter before that would have never happened :(

Wow, didn't expect this. Seriously. TA making 200 millions more domestically? This whole thing sucks. Are the Americans really that paranoid? The good new is that TDKR probably will make much more overseas than TDK.

redfan wrote:Wow, didn't expect this. Seriously. TA making 200 millions more domestically? This whole thing sucks. Are the Americans really that paranoid? The good new is that TDKR probably will make much more overseas than TDK.
Yeah, it seems so... :( But I guess that with the right for anyone to have a gun that's what happens...

TDK made around 470 in foreign territories, and with Rises doing significantly better than TDK so far, 500-600m foreign depending is certainly within reach. Basically, this has a decent shot at hitting a billion, though it seems more unlikely as time passes. We'll have a better gauge when we see how it opens in the 40 or so territories after this weekend.

-Vader

I'm expecting someone to come in here and say "Yeah I guess the movie isn't that good if it is faltering" but I don't buy that for a second. Everyone I know that has seen it loved it just like Inception and TDK and radio stations around here are also praising it (one of the radio hosts thought the whole trilogy is one of the best ever and thought they were one of the great series like Star Wars and the Godfather for our generation). Almost no other type of blockbuster (except Nolan's last two films and possibly Avatar) has gotten this kind of recognition.

I do believe the shooting is playing a way bigger part in this than I ever imagined.