Your Guess: Will TDKR be the scariest of the trilogy?

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.

What say you?

Yes
52%
No
21%
Maybe
28%

Total votes: 29

I thought it would be hard to top some of the scary moments in TDK, I was pretty much pissing myself with the "Why So Serious" speech with Gambol. (and I never get scared in movies) But after watching the prologue and hearing that horrifying Hitchock music mixed with bumping blood out of a dead body... I think we may get some pretty disturbing scenes.

Nolan describes Bane as a "Movie Monster" and I doubt Nolan would say that unless he truly intended on making Bane frightening. And I'm sure we can look forward to more terrorist/murder shenanigans from Bane to keep our pants wet.

And let's not forget... one of the main motives in this trilogy is "fear".

Solid thread. Id say no. But mabe thats cuz Im older now, and I saw TDK when I was like 11...

TDK
Sigs???

It will make me shit myself.

I believe it has a good chance of being the darkest, scariest entry into the series. Although, the Joker was pretty terrifying...

Mason wrote:I believe it has a good chance of being the darkest, scariest entry into the series. Although, the Joker was pretty terrifying...
I think darkest, but not scariest.
Sigs???

TehBatGetsBraked wrote:
Mason wrote:I believe it has a good chance of being the darkest, scariest entry into the series. Although, the Joker was pretty terrifying...
I think darkest, but not scariest.
Please, go on...

I think it'll be the darkest in terms of subject matter, because from all reports, it's a war movie, and presumably one that involves turning the citizens of Gotham against one another based on their socio-economic status. I don't necessarily think a PG-13 movie can be scary or terrifying because of the limitations of what the film can do with that rating, but I think the subject matter will be the grimmest.

This kind of leads me to another point which I think I'll start a new thread under the Christopher Nolan section: Will Nolan start making R movies or will he be severely pressured by studios to continue to make PG-13 films because of their ability to be more financially successful?

I thought it would be impossible to make a darker movie than TDK without getting an R rating. If this does end up being the darkest, and still hits a PG-13... I'm guessing WB pulled some serious strings with the MPAA people.

Bane already made me shit my pants in the prologue.

Probably.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:Bane already made me shit my pants in the prologue.

Probably.

-Vader
I concur. He was very menacing, especially when he says "Crashing this plane........with no survivors!!". The look on his face when his face creeped me the hell out.

As for this possibly being scariest, probably. It will no doubt be the darkest and most complex entry.
"All this 'good vs evil' shit's been played out. It's now time for 'BAD VS. EVIL'

-David Ayer on Suicide Squad.