William Fichter for a villian?

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Okay, I don't really like all this speculations about who will play who, but I got this idea today.

I just finish watching The Dark Knight agian, and this time some light went up in my head. In the first scene, The Joker leaves the bank manager (played by William Fichter) pretty much for dead. He puts a granade in his mouth and says; "I believe that what doesn't kill you, simply makes you stranger." then he walks away and pulls the pin out of the granade.
The bank manager is pretty much scared to death, but finds out it is only a smoke granade.

The granade did not kill him, wouldn't it be cool if it made him stranger? What if he became the next villian?
And then I don't really care who he will become. The Riddler is okay, but I guess there can be a villian that suits Fichter more.

What do you think?
David emerges from the store slowly. He braces himself against a parked car and then keeps on walking in a nightmarish daze.

WE PULL BACK as David blends in with dozens and dozens of ordinary people, walking on an ordinary street, in an ordinary city.

Erik wrote:Okay, I don't really like all this speculations about who will play who, but I got this idea today.

I just finish watching The Dark Knight agian, and this time some light went up in my head. In the first scene, The Joker leaves the bank manager (played by William Fichter) pretty much for dead. He puts a granade in his mouth and says; "I believe that what doesn't kill you, simply makes you stranger." then he walks away and pulls the pin out of the granade.
The bank manager is pretty much scared to death, but finds out it is only a smoke granade.

The granade did not kill him, wouldn't it be cool if it made him stranger? What if he became the next villian?
And then I don't really care who he will become. The Riddler is okay, but I guess there can be a villian that suits Fichter more.

What do you think?
i have read this idea also in other forums,and it would make him STRANGER :clap:
And it's a original idea i thought.
But i still think ben foster has to play the riddler.

I've heard this theory before, that Fichtner is a candidate for a villain. It certainly would make sense, but I think his inclusion was more a reference to Heat than an intended lasting character arc.

Eternalist wrote:I've heard this theory before, that Fichtner is a candidate for a villain. It certainly would make sense, but I think his inclusion was more a reference to Heat than an intended lasting character arc.
Yeah, exactly, and besides that, the Joker meant that whatever doesn't kill you, only scars your face and makes you stranger. That's what he meant. He became stranger, because something - maybe a big knife - was intended to kill him, but it only scarred his face like hell - and that made him stranger. But the grenade didn't scar the bank manager, so...

And I don't think it would be Nolanish to bring in a villain that made an appearance as a normal bank manager at the start of the previous movie. This plotline would rather fit in a B-movie.

BatMotor wrote:But i still think ben foster has to play the riddler.
I don't think Fichter is right for The Riddler either (but if Nolan casts him that way, then in Nolan I trust), but more the pawn of the 3rd Batman film. (I don't know who came up with the Mastermind-Pawn theory, but it still makes good sense!)
He could be like this Villian who took a place in the underworld after The Joker got arrested. Not the most threatning place, but steady enough to build a small mob-like empire. He and the Mastermind (probably The Riddler) will battle Batman.
David emerges from the store slowly. He braces himself against a parked car and then keeps on walking in a nightmarish daze.

WE PULL BACK as David blends in with dozens and dozens of ordinary people, walking on an ordinary street, in an ordinary city.

Erik wrote:(I don't know who came up with the Mastermind-Pawn theory, but it still makes good sense!)
ME! :ugeek:

ehhhh....too cheesy

Fitcher is a great actor. And he was unnamed in the movie. He'd make a great Riddler but I'd like to see him as Roman Sionis/The Black Mask or Warren White or even Dr. Hugo STRANGE

talli wrote:ehhhh....too cheesy
Okay, but how about this.
If William Fichter becomes the Pawn of Batman 3, then both the pawn of Batman Begins (Scarcrow) as Batman 3 (Fichter) make a brief appearance in The Dark Knight.
We've got the beginning (Batman Begins), the ending (Batman 3) and the one that connects all the dots (The Dark Knight).

Erik wrote:
talli wrote:ehhhh....too cheesy
Okay, but how about this.
If William Fichter becomes the Pawn of Batman 3, then both the pawn of Batman Begins (Scarcrow) as Batman 3 (Fichter) make a brief appearance in The Dark Knight.
We've got the beginning (Batman Begins), the ending (Batman 3) and the one that connects all the dots (The Dark Knight).

its too forced...thats why its cheesy...the whole premise of someone coming back for vengeance is too comic book-y....exactly what nolan strayed away from