TDKR General Information

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
ArmandFancypants wrote:
Skyab23 wrote:For those here who have seen the film, do you have any recommendations to those of us who will be seeing it, as to how we should approach the film or perhaps what to expect (without giving away any spoilers), so that perhaps we'll have a more enjoyable movie experience?
Expect something totally different to the other two films again. It's a deliberately scattershot epic that runs rampant all over the shop with all the parts constantly moving, and it's chock full of terrific ideas, but don't go in expecting The Dark Knight's crime thriller atmosphere of the adventure of Batman Begins.
I'll be attending the marathon later today leading up to the midnight release so I'm sure I'll def see the thematically different concepts of the three films, but when you say that it's "deliberately scattershot" why do you feel this was done intentionally? Up until this point, all of Nolan's films have had very tight scripts, with nearly every scene necessary in order to progress the story.

Skyab23 wrote:
ArmandFancypants wrote:
Expect something totally different to the other two films again. It's a deliberately scattershot epic that runs rampant all over the shop with all the parts constantly moving, and it's chock full of terrific ideas, but don't go in expecting The Dark Knight's crime thriller atmosphere of the adventure of Batman Begins.
I'll be attending the marathon later today leading up to the midnight release so I'm sure I'll def see the thematically different concepts of the three films, but when you say that it's "deliberately scattershot" why do you feel this was done intentionally? Up until this point, all of Nolan's films have had very tight scripts, with nearly every scene necessary in order to progress the story.
Expect to cry, really. its everything BB and TDk was not while everything they were. this is a nearly perfect film. its well told, acted directed, written, shot, ect... its one of the most emotional films if not the most emotional film i have ever seen. its depressing but uplifting. great performances all around. like i said, expect to be scared and be sad. Perfection...
Brave New World

Skyab23 wrote:
ArmandFancypants wrote:
Scattershot is probably not the right word, sprawling would be better. It has to do with Nolan wanting to look at the infrastructure of a city more and taking it from the slums and lunatics of the first films, to the criminal, police, and legal fraternities in TDK, to the very top of the tree in this one with the financial and political structures, and to that end he's gone back to silent cinema, the very expansive stories of Fritz Lang with the urban chaos of Pontecorvo's The Battle of Algiers. The script it taut on its own terms, but what it hits is far-ranging and extensive compared to the relative focus of the previous films.
Ah, böwakawa! Poussé, poussé...

OREOS RULE.
Sigs???

Back from premiere in Finland.
I'm speechless, heart was beating during the whole movie so fast, so excited, cold chills everywhere.
Goddamnit I can't express myself because of the awesomeness...
IMO better than The Dark Knight.

Poopy Jopp wrote:Back from premiere in Finland.
I'm speechless, heart was beating during the whole movie so fast, so excited, cold chills everywhere.
Did you understand Bane's dialogue clearly?

Jeebus wrote:
Poopy Jopp wrote:Back from premiere in Finland.
Did you understand Bane's dialogue clearly?
We had Finnish subtitles, but I think I would've understood it without it.
Also they had apparently slightly changed the voice abit since some months ago

Poopy Jopp wrote:
Jeebus wrote: Did you understand Bane's dialogue clearly?
We had Finnish subtitles, but I think I would've understood it without it.
Also they had apparently slightly changed the voice abit since some months ago

Is it just slightly?
I heard it was "slowed down" quite a bit

I sitting in the theater now :D

See you all on the other side.
Sigs???

TehBatGetsBraked wrote:I sitting in the theater now :D

See you all on the other side.
ssshhhhhhhut up