TDKR General Information

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Sadly it was inevitable.

Red Hood wrote:
ComptonTerry wrote:Complete bull shit...

http://www.brecorder.com/arts-a-leisure ... rises.html

:facepalm:
What a dick. He should jump off a bridge.
Now, I realize I'm very new here, and I don't want to come across as some confrontational prig, but is that really necessary? Or rather, does that reflect the character you wish to portray? If it is, then I'm all for honesty, but that opinion is quite extreme and immature.

I love the films of Chris Nolan. I think The Dark Knight Rises is an excellent film. I think it's preposterous that the cinema and Warner Bros. are being blamed for this incident; it's a sickening reminder of this generation's tendency to extract the greatest possible amount of money via lawsuit. That being said, the person in question is attacking a film. He is waging a lawsuit against a multi-billion-dollar corporation that just happens to produce a film from our beloved director. Does that warrant such hate? As I've made clear, I think the notion is ridiculous, but that shouldn't stir me to so violently disparage a traumatized, admittedly misguided individual.

Yes, this is the internet. Yes, this is a realm where biting, brutal remarks are commonplace and accepted. Be that as it may, I find it disturbingly incongruous to be emotionally swept up in quality cinema while suggesting its detractors go "jump off a bridge". To put it bluntly, it's self-defeating and appalling. We (myself firmly included) will lavish praise and admiration for a film whose last few lines encourage humanity's "small acts of decency", then turn around and tell a man who's been wounded by gunfire and whose friend has been murdered to commit suicide. His grounds are ridiculous, but it is a proud person who claims to be without fault. I think a little less snark would be in order.

I have your permission to die, I presume?

BigIslandYU2 wrote:
Red Hood wrote:
Now, I realize I'm very new here, and I don't want to come across as some confrontational prig, but is that really necessary? Or rather, does that reflect the character you wish to portray? If it is, then I'm all for honesty, but that opinion is quite extreme and immature.

I love the films of Chris Nolan. I think The Dark Knight Rises is an excellent film. I think it's preposterous that the cinema and Warner Bros. are being blamed for this incident; it's a sickening reminder of this generation's tendency to extract the greatest possible amount of money via lawsuit. That being said, the person in question is attacking a film. He is waging a lawsuit against a multi-billion-dollar corporation that just happens to produce a film from our beloved director. Does that warrant such hate? As I've made clear, I think the notion is ridiculous, but that shouldn't stir me to so violently disparage a traumatized, admittedly misguided individual.

Yes, this is the internet. Yes, this is a realm where biting, brutal remarks are commonplace and accepted. Be that as it may, I find it disturbingly incongruous to be emotionally swept up in quality cinema while suggesting its detractors go "jump off a bridge". To put it bluntly, it's self-defeating and appalling. We (myself firmly included) will lavish praise and admiration for a film whose last few lines encourage humanity's "small acts of decency", then turn around and tell a man who's been wounded by gunfire and whose friend has been murdered to commit suicide. His grounds are ridiculous, but it is a proud person who claims to be without fault. I think a little less snark would be in order.

BigIslandYU2 wrote:
Red Hood wrote:

Yes, you do have our permission to die. :lol:
That asshole is taking advantage of the tragedy, blaming people/entities that aren't responsible and trying to get compensation from them when they had nothing to do with it. The only person to blame is the shooter. So yea, I'm with Red Hood. That "victim" can jump off a bridge. The theater alarm system is debatable (even so, you can't expect a theater to be able to control that kind of stuff), but the movie itself? C'mon. I have zero sympathy for someone trying to take advantage of a horrible event where others lost their lives, whose families were destroyed, and this piece of shit tries to get money out of it.

Forum Pro
Law

Last edited by Law on July 29th, 2012, 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

m4st4 wrote:Image

those are amazing pics, also i really like it when bats eyes look like their fully black with just a hint of reflection like in the interrogation scene in TDK.

What an ass.