The Dark Knight Rises: The Official Novelization

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Two nice additions/explanations about Bruce and the Bat from the novelization.
From at the funeral:
"No official cause of death had been released regarding the last of the Wayne dynasty. The tabloids had indulged in scandalous speculation, but nobody really paid much attention. Too any people had died during Bane's reign of terror for even the death of Bruce Wayne to stand out
and
From Lucius at Applied Sciences:
[T]he underground armory looked as good as new, as did the new and remaining prototypes. . . .

At the moment, a pair of technicians was inspecting the last surviving version of the Bat. The original Prototype had been vaporized over the ocean, months ago, but Fox had salvaged a variant model whose components has survived Bane's incursion. The techs were running a systems analysis from the cockpit. . . .

The tech keyed in the request, His eyes widened in surprise.
"Huh? Bruce Wayne."
Bruce?
Lucius stepped away from the aircraft, trying to conceal his reaction. An idea began to form in his mind, as clearly as an engineering diagram. A weight slowly lifted from his shoulders.
Well, as I live and breathe. . .

JMan, is there a prologue and does Gordon say "I knew Harvey Dent. I was his friend. And it will be a very long time before someone... Inspires us the way he did. I believed in Harvey Dent." during the prologue
Does he say that line at all and does Batman say now i know how that feels.

Well, here’s a nice addition/explanation about Alfred in the café from the novelization that will blow your Bat-mind, or at least give food for thought.
According to the book, Alfred tells Bruce that he always took his vacation every year in Florence, and every night he would go to the same café by the Arno. He would look for Bruce but he was never there.

At the end, Alfred is at the same café, remembering when he used to look for Bruce—when he actually sees Bruce.

So, for me, this is NOT a chance meeting. It seems clear that Bruce has come to the café—where he KNOWS Alfred is going to be each night—and reveals to Alfred that he is indeed alive.

Also, the novelization has Selina wearing Bruce’s Mom’s necklace of pearls. I’m not sure I recall Selina wearing pearls in the film, but for me that’s a minor point.
Enjoy.

TBO1812 wrote:JMan, is there a prologue and does Gordon say "I knew Harvey Dent. I was his friend. And it will be a very long time before someone... Inspires us the way he did. I believed in Harvey Dent." during the prologue
Does he say that line at all and does Batman say now i know how that feels.
The first two pages are titled "Eight Years Ago. . ."

It takes place just at memorial for Dent, and really only features Gordon.
Gordon says:

"Harvey Dent was needed. He was everything Gotham's been crying out for. . . ."

"He was...a hero. Not the hero we deserved. The hero we needed. Nothing less than a knight, shining brightly even in Gotham's final hours. But I knew Harvey Dent. I was...his friend. And it will be a long time before someone inspires us the way he did."

"I believed in Harvey Dent."

Batman is not there, but Gordon wonders if he is watching the event.

JMan, Does Batman say "now i know how that feels" after Catwoman vanishes?

TBO1812 wrote:JMan, Does Batman say "now i know how that feels" after Catwoman vanishes?
"Miss Kyle?"
She had disappeared as silently as a cat.
Batman grunted. The irony of the situation had not escaped him.
"So that's what that feels like."

Which is what Batman says in the movie--JMan.

JMan,
What about the bit were Bane says thanks to the guy who is holding on to his helmet
or the bit where catwoman says you don't owe these people anymore you've given them everything and Batman replies not yet

TBO1812 wrote:JMan,
What about the bit were Bane says thanks to the guy who is holding on to his helmet
or the bit where catwoman says you don't owe these people anymore you've given them everything and Batman replies not yet
The Selina-Batman exchange is there. Where in the film does the Bane helmet thing happen?

JMan wrote:
TBO1812 wrote:JMan,
The Selina-Batman exchange is there. Where in the film does the Bane helmet thing happen?
Stock exchange.

Hustler wrote:
JMan wrote:
Stock exchange.
I can't find it, but I'm pretty tired, Bane walks in, the guard tells him to take off his helmet, he does and then kills everybody around him, then walks into the exchange. Stuff happens, then they ride away on the cycles. That's all I see.