Who are the stars of The Dark Knight Trilogy

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Christian Bale as Batman and Gary Oldman as Gordon are the most important in my mind. Michael Caine as Alfred comes next. It is tough to say where Heath Ledger falls, but since he's only in one movie I'll put him 4th.

nolannolanchrischris wrote:Christian Bale as Batman and Gary Oldman as Gordon are the most important in my mind. Michael Caine as Alfred comes next. It is tough to say where Heath Ledger falls, but since he's only in one movie I'll put him 4th.
Flawless logic right there.

tykjen wrote:
nolannolanchrischris wrote:Christian Bale as Batman and Gary Oldman as Gordon are the most important in my mind. Michael Caine as Alfred comes next. It is tough to say where Heath Ledger falls, but since he's only in one movie I'll put him 4th.
Flawless logic right there.
Way I see it, 10, 20 years from now, when people look back at the trilogy's cast, Christian Bale and Heath Ledger will be the names most associated with it. Although Ledger was only in one movie, his contribution was the strongest so far. In the supporting cast, Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman are (always) fantastic.

By the way, nice signature tykjen :thumbup:

dadosaboya wrote:By the way, nice signature tykjen :thumbup:
Thanks, cinemagraphs are fucking awesome right? I gotta learn how to, then spend a few months creating some all time favs.

Nolan4Life wrote:
perfect
"When art imitates life"

Nolan was the "star" of the trilogy, much like Kubrick is of his own movies. Such personal filmmaking into a grandscale, untouched vision is unmatched.

But if the Trilogy were one big 8-hour epic, the cast list would be:

(of course, it's hard to tell who has a big role or not in TDKR)

Christian Bale
Michael Caine
Gary Oldman
Heath Ledger
Aaron Eckhart
Maggie Gylenhaal
Liam Neeson
Cillian Murphy
Katie Holmes
Morgan Freeman

I bet Tom Hardy would fit in between Ledger and Eckhart, and Kyle between Gylenhaal and Neeson, and if Tate doesn't end up being a Rutger Hauer-like character, she'd probably end up somewhere between Murphy and Holmes.

But that's just my guess.

FilmmakerRising wrote:Nolan was the "star" of the trilogy, much like Kubrick is of his own movies. Such personal filmmaking into a grandscale, untouched vision is unmatched.
I must disagree to some degree as Goyer's addition to the script was not really all that, kinda put a dent in the full "Nolan vision", imo.

DoubleD wrote:Obviously, it would be this guy......
:clap:

I approve. :JGLface:

FilmmakerRising wrote: Christian Bale
Michael Caine
Gary Oldman
Heath Ledger
Aaron Eckhart
Maggie Gylenhaal
Liam Neeson
Cillian Murphy
Katie Holmes
Morgan Freeman
I would swap around Caine and Oldman, because I think Gordon was the second most important character in the trilogy (well, thus far).
Do you... like pineapple?