Hans Zimmer's TDKR Soundtrack

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Thanks for the scoop, Teddy. I wish he would've remained part of the team - I think he contributed a lot of heart to the scores - but I'm sure TDKR's score will incorporate his work, and he'll present that way regardless.

TeddyBlass wrote:Hate to break the conversation about Cilogy's remix, and my own for that matter, but...

James Newton Howard gave a concert over the weekend in Dallas. Though unable to attend myself, I did hear back from someone who did. After playing the Harvey Dent suite with the orchestra, James spoke highly of working with Nolan and Zimmer on Begins and Dark Knight. He also mentioned that it was his decision to bow out of the next film. He stated that Nolan and Zimmer had established such good chemistry working on Inception, and he didn’t want to be a third wheel.

So now we know. It's what I assumed happened, but now it's no longer a mystery.
That's a shame.

Though I see what he means, because even I thought that Nolan's mind and Hans' mind totally hooked up during Inception and had hot, steamy, passionate filmmaking together. In the same way that Wally is an extension of Nolan's eye for cinematography, I think Hans has become an extension of Nolan's ear for scoring.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

I'm convinced, Nolan must have told Zimmer "put a little Pscyho or Dracula into the score," because elements of this opening track in the prologue just scream "horror genre".

Cilogy wrote:I'm convinced, Nolan must have told Zimmer "put a little Pscyho or Dracula into the score," because elements of this opening track in the prologue just scream "horror genre".
Haha yeah, I've been saying that since day 1 as well. It could have very well been Nolan's idea, but then again, it could have just as easily been Zimmer's, because that guy is a genius when it comes to thinking of musical ideas that go against the norm. Just watch the behind the scenes of TDK, or his latest interview, he has like what, 14,000 tracks recorded so far? There must be some wonderful ideas in there.

MiracleSleeper wrote:
Cilogy wrote:I'm convinced, Nolan must have told Zimmer "put a little Pscyho or Dracula into the score," because elements of this opening track in the prologue just scream "horror genre".
Haha yeah, I've been saying that since day 1 as well. It could have very well been Nolan's idea, but then again, it could have just as easily been Zimmer's, because that guy is a genius when it comes to thinking of musical ideas that go against the norm. Just watch the behind the scenes of TDK, or his latest interview, he has like what, 14,000 tracks recorded so far? There must be some wonderful ideas in there.
Nolan has kept saying Bane is "like a movie monster", that, coupled with Hardy's accent as Bane, which reminds me of Dracula's a bit, plus the very violent strings in the prologue score are clear indications of what's going on. Maybe Hans Zimmer is clever enough to realize what direction what Nolan was going in and decided to follow.

Cilogy wrote:
MiracleSleeper wrote: Haha yeah, I've been saying that since day 1 as well. It could have very well been Nolan's idea, but then again, it could have just as easily been Zimmer's, because that guy is a genius when it comes to thinking of musical ideas that go against the norm. Just watch the behind the scenes of TDK, or his latest interview, he has like what, 14,000 tracks recorded so far? There must be some wonderful ideas in there.
Nolan has kept saying Bane is "like a movie monster", that, coupled with Hardy's accent as Bane, which reminds me of Dracula's a bit, plus the very violent strings in the prologue score are clear indications of what's going on. Maybe Hans Zimmer is clever enough to realize what direction what Nolan was going in and decided to follow.
Let's just hope we get more horror-like music for the rest of the films. :twothumbsup: And more abnormal music like Bane's chants. Though of course, with plenty of standard orchestrated music like in the past two films.

Cilogy wrote:New and improved, the first half of the song:

Time for Fear (Sample).mp3
I kept waiting for the "Crashing This Plane!" cue! lol

But good job so far! You definitely have set the same tone as in the Prologue. :twothumbsup:

Cilogy wrote:New and improved, the first half of the song:

Time for Fear (Sample).mp3
OH BOY!!!! Lets hear it!

EDIT: Just finished. WOWZA! Really good. But I have one complaint!

...you had to stop it there?!
Sigs???

jcvargas09 wrote:I kept waiting for the "Crashing This Plane!" cue! lol

But good job so far! You definitely have set the same tone as in the Prologue. :twothumbsup:
Thanks man, I stopped it there because the part right after it sounds horrible right now.

TehBatGetsBraked wrote:OH BOY!!!! Lets hear it!

EDIT: Just finished. WOWZA! Really good. But I have one complaint!

...you had to stop it there?!
;) Gotta keep you wanting more.