TDKR IMAX prologue

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
First Impressions Of The TDKR Prologue

Twitter is abuzz with vague descriptions of the 7 minute prologue for Christopher Nolan's third and final Batman flick which screened literally minutes ago ahead of MI4. Click for an idea of what to expect..

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... s/?a=50909

MiracleSleeper wrote:If this quote is true, than Bane is already another classic cinematic villain along with the Joker. Nolan has done it again.
"I’ll search for ways to challenge this world. To bring some sense to it all… …You’ve brought something to these people. Something they’ve long forgotten… But you’ve hurt them as much as the common criminal. …But it’s still far less sinister than what I’ll conjure."
I love how speaks with this aura of wisdom, like he's from another time. I'm glad Nolan stayed true to the genius bane from the comics.
I need to see this dialogue in context, but it appears he is speaking in very broad generalities. Joker's dialogue was much more haunting and scary. Just recall the "You wanna know how I got these scars," dialogue from the Joker. Bane's dialogue (again I need to see it in context), doesn't stick with me because it doesn't hit me like Joker's dialogue. "I'll search for ways to challenge this world...to bring some sense to it all, you've brought something to these people." That string of dialogue is very very general to me (and I expect no one on these forums to agree with me lol).

FYI: Loved the hype from all the prologue descriptions, except for the complaint about the Bane voice. Hope Nolan corrects the issue.
Last edited by Skyab23 on December 9th, 2011, 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Skyab23 wrote:
MiracleSleeper wrote:If this quote is true, than Bane is already another classic cinematic villain along with the Joker. Nolan has done it again.

I love how speaks with this aura of wisdom, like he's from another time. I'm glad Nolan stayed true to the genius bane from the comics.
I need to see this dialogue in context, but it appears he is speaking in very broad generalities. Joker's dialogue was much more haunting and scary. Just recall the "You wanna know how I got these scars," dialogue from the Joker. Bane's dialogue (again I need to see it in context), doesn't stick with me because it doesn't hit me like Joker's dialogue. "I'll search for ways to challenge this world...to bring some sense to it all, you've brought something to these people." That string of dialogue is very very general to me (and I expect no one on these forums to agree with me lol).

FYI: Loved the hype from all the prologue descriptions, except for the complaint about the Bane voice. Hope Nolan corrects the issue.
I guess being a spoilsport is your hobby. :facepalm:

hello there

just got home

kept an eye on the thread lightly through the night, couldnt wait to read all of it and comment

the footage sounds insane

what's most interesting to me, is that quite a few descriptions say that the introduction is done very much like the Joker's and that there are many similarities between the two...what does that mean? Does he kill his goons? Pulls some pranks? What's this bit about a very "confused" CIA agent...does Bane have some mischievous fun with him when he shows up with a mask looking like something out of this world

the voice thing...i don't know...i won't be bothered if i cant understand all of his dialogue on the first run....do all people in life speak clearly? What's most important is the voice and that it sounds cool...being able to understand it is not necessary, imo....in fact it may add to the performance, add to this sense of fear....."this is a world you don't know, dont understand....you always fear, what you don't understand" - Falcone

its so cool that Nolan showed this for fellow film makers first....it's like their school boys gathering around to see the rich kid's new toy

he's doing quite a bit to push this format and encourage other film makers to follow in his foot steps

this quote by Nolan is fucking epic, and is full of irony

"I first saw Tom Hardy on an airplane in Rocknrolla"..... “He can do anything he sets his mind to.” WOW

@deathstroke...sorry, has been corrected.

Skyab23 wrote:

1. its one piece of dialogue
2. Joker had plenty of dialogue that revolved around "generalities"......

ie. upset the established order and everything becomes chaos ...i'm an agent of chaos...and you know the thing about chaos? its fair...

or

when the chips are down, these civilized people will eat each other alive, i'll show you....they're only as good as the world allows them to be

his dialog in the film is full of this

stop reaching for criticism, you're starting to look pathetic, because most of it isnt even valid

mchekhov wrote:
the voice thing...i don't know...i won't be bothered if i cant understand all of his dialogue on the first run....do all people in life speak clearly? What's most important is the voice and that it sounds cool...being able to understand it is not necessary, imo....in fact it may add to the performance, add to this sense of fear....."this is a world you don't know, dont understand....you always fear, what you don't understand" - Falcone
Stupid, amateur statement. Of course a primary character needs to be clearly understood, or else why give him dialogue at all?

thedisabledcubicle wrote:
mchekhov wrote:
Stupid, amateur statement. Of course a primary character needs to be clearly understood, or else why give him dialogue at all?

brad pitt and Del Toro both gave highly praised performances with dialects that couldnt be understood. They both played primary character. I guess their amateurs

also wanted to comment on the 80s thing...i don't think its a far fetched thing

alot of the minor supporting cast (like the jokers goons, or the side mob bosses) in TDK acted like they were in a cheesy 80s movie
Last edited by mchekhov on December 9th, 2011, 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

This is just insane. The detailed description is amazing.

Nolan has done it. He's topped The Dark Knight's prologue.

DoubleD wrote:
TomClaydon wrote:GAHH SOMEONE NEEDS TO UPLOAD A BOOTLEG OF THE PROLOGUE :(
We might get a really shitty version next weekend. But now I'm not sure if I want to watch it or not. If it's hard to understand Bane's voice while your in the theatre, just imagine it on some bootleg.

Ughhhhh. Damn it I wish there was a real Imax here in Georgia.
There is in Columbus but its part of the Infantry Museum and they never play anything new, it's always two or three months after the films been out. The one in Buford isn't bad, but they aren't showing it. :thumbdown: