Do you think TDKR will be Nolan's best film?

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.

do you think TDKR will be Nolan's best film yet?

Yes
46%
No
45%
Inception is the best film of all time so obviously it can't be better than that
10%

Total votes: 83

stanley wrote:
IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:I think Hardy and Hathaway will blow everyone away with their performances.
Tom maybe. Hathaway, no. I just can't see it. Then again I haven't seen a lot of her films. I wonder if her and Bale have any chemistry at all , because he had 0 with Katie Holmes and Maggie.
Remember when everyone doubted Heath? So yeah, look how that turned out.

stanley wrote:Hathaway, no.
Exactly why I said people will be blown away.

Crazy Eight wrote:Tom I'm sure will. On the edge about Anne but I don't doubt her ability.
I feel the same way. If the character of Selina Kyle is poorly(under)written or Anne doesn't deliver I think the film will be a big disappointment for me. I really want to see Nolan make Hathaway as great as the boys.

still think this might be TDKRs achilles heel.
@sammyjankis88

Just like heath, everybody who sees anne casting as ridiculous are gonna eat their words. Mark My Word 8-)

cooldued wrote:Just like heath, everybody who sees anne casting as ridiculous are gonna eat their words. Mark My Word 8-)

cooldued wrote:Just like heath, everybody who sees anne casting as ridiculous are gonna eat their words. Mark My Word 8-)
Hope ur right. Gylennhall and Katie Holmes didn't do anything for me though , so that's two strikes.. maybe the third ones a charm.

I agree.

Mason01 wrote:
stanley wrote:
Tom maybe. Hathaway, no. I just can't see it. Then again I haven't seen a lot of her films. I wonder if her and Bale have any chemistry at all , because he had 0 with Katie Holmes and Maggie.
Remember when everyone doubted Heath? So yeah, look how that turned out.
People always use this comparison but I don't find much validity in it. Heath had played, with exception to his first few films, serious characters for most of his career. He'd also shown that he had serious range capabilities when comparing his work in Lords of Dogtown to say, Brokeback Mountain. He'd shown he was fully capable of becoming someone else entirely.

Anne on the other hand has played mostly silly roles, and her role is going to require her (I can only assume given her character), to be pretty damn heavy at times. On top of that she hasn't shown the range Heath already had displayed several times before ever touching the Joker. Nolan also doesn't have the best track record with female casting. Most consider Holmes a fail, nearly everyone hated Maggie, Ellen Page was a bust, I mean he's cast a lot of good ones as well but he's not flawless.

That all being said, I'm sure Anne won't disappoint if the character is written well.

i dont think you can compare anne to katie and maggie g. because selina kyle is a real character in the batman universe as rachel is not. also, go check out rachel getting married.

cmay13 wrote:i dont think you can compare anne to katie and maggie g. because selina kyle is a real character in the batman universe as rachel is not. also, go check out rachel getting married.
Man, she was awesome in that film.