[SPOILERS] Production in New York

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
A source close to BOF says so. Here's a quote:
They are doing a plate shot in a helicopter over New York City this week. Apparently, Chris Nolan wants to get the city with snow on the ground.
Full story here:
http://batman-news.com/2011/02/08/the-d ... this-week/

Anyone here from NYC? If you see the Batcopter be sure to look up and wave to Mr. Nolan!
Last edited by Batman-News.com on February 8th, 2011, 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Batman-News.com
The Premiere Source For All Things Batman
Twitter / Facebook / Google+

I want to be there! :cry:

Wow! So it's safe to say that some of TDKR will be filmed in snow. Well that's just added to my hype even more, if it's indeed true. Damn, wish I was there.

New York City with snow, eh? I think I need to hibernate for the next 18 months or whatever it is. There is no telling what is what anymore.

TeddyBlass wrote:New York City with snow, eh? I think I need to hibernate for the next 18 months or whatever it is. There is no telling what is what anymore.
You really avoiding all the trailers and everything? I don't want to be exposed to anything WB doesn't want me to see but I can't imagine not watching the trailers...more power to ya! :thumbup:

BTW, any film buffs know what exactly a "plate shot" is? I tried Googling it but couldn't find a good answer.
Batman-News.com
The Premiere Source For All Things Batman
Twitter / Facebook / Google+

It's from BOF, so I am very reluctant to believe it.

I'm stating the obvious...these will definitely be shot in IMAX. Very nice!

Batman-News.com wrote:
TeddyBlass wrote:New York City with snow, eh? I think I need to hibernate for the next 18 months or whatever it is. There is no telling what is what anymore.
You really avoiding all the trailers and everything? I don't want to be exposed to anything WB doesn't want me to see but I can't imagine not watching the trailers...more power to ya! :thumbup:

BTW, any film buffs know what exactly a "plate shot" is? I tried Googling it but couldn't find a good answer.
Bluescreen work for the film. I have a gut feeling it might be the opening to the film, similar to The Dark Knight with what they did in London to make the blue flames at the start. Esspecially as the actors don't start yet.
I think it involved battersea power station and it was also used to film Harvey's fall at the end and where Rachel died.

This could all just be for a quick montage showing a quick passage of time. The shot could be in the movie for only a second. :geek:

Heard about this on Facebook, didn't know where the source was, but now I know its BOF, I'm on the same boat as akv.
Batman-News.com wrote:

Same. I'm only looking at anything official by WB...okay, and paparazzi photos of set pictures. :lol: