[SPOILERS] Is Miranda really Talia?

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.

Is Miranda really Talia?

Yes
56%
No
31%
Doesn't matter to me
13%

Total votes: 145

Balefan wrote:Now I´m not talking about pronunciation...I´m talking about the way they are written.
But in portuguese(my language)for example,Tête reads almost equal to Tate...reads "Tete"....almost Tate(Tayt)
Anyway it´s easy to read Tête and remember the english last name "Tate".
A fellow countryman here? Que honra. :lol:

Balefan wrote:
talli wrote:Tate is pronounced Tayt

Tete is pronounced Tet
Now I´m not talking about pronunciation...I´m talking about the way they are written.
But in portuguese(my language)for example,Tête reads almost equal to Tate...reads "Tete"....almost Tate(Tayt)
Anyone can do it.
This is what I´m saying.
And I don´t believe it´s a simple coincidence the fact of Tête ,in french means exactly "Head", in English ,like Talia Head and Ra´s Al Ghul,who gave himself the nickname of "Demon´s Head".
Sorry but it´s TOO MUCH coincidence to be just a coincidence!
seriously you are grasping at straws at this point. Tate and Tete are not the same thing. Tate does not mean "Head". He didn't name the character Miranda Tate because Tete means head, thats just ridiculous! :facepalm:

Vee
I voted.

Now just over a year to go to find out.

indiefilmconnor wrote:
Balefan wrote:
Now I´m not talking about pronunciation...I´m talking about the way they are written.
Anyone can do it.
This is what I´m saying.
And I don´t believe it´s a simple coincidence the fact of Tête ,in french means exactly "Head", in English ,like Talia Head and Ra´s Al Ghul,who gave himself the nickname of "Demon´s Head".
seriously you are grasping at straws at this point. Tate and Tete are not the same thing. Tate does not mean "Head". He didn't name the character Miranda Tate because Tete means head, thats just ridiculous! :facepalm:
THIS ;)

Balefan wrote:Now I´m not talking about pronunciation...I´m talking about the way they are written.
Anyone can do it.
This is what I´m saying.
I agree with you. You should work for Alex Jones :twothumbsup:

Batcat wrote:
indiefilmconnor wrote:
THIS ;)

This is ridiculous in your mind,dear.
It´s too much coincidence the fact of Tête(which it´s almost written as Tate)in feench(Marion´s language and don´t foget Henry Ducard/Ra´s was french in Begins)means exactly "Head", like Talia Head and Demon´s Head.
I don´t believe it´s just a simple coincidence.
If you think it´s just a coincidence,it´s your problem.
But it´s not just a coincidence for sure.
Miranda will be Talia.
Just don´t see who doesn´t want.
I think your Catwoman obsession is not letting you see the things. :lol:
But there´s nothing you can do...your kitty will have to share Bruce/Batman with another woman. :P
Oneironaut wrote:
A fellow countryman here? Que honra. :lol:
A fellow countrywoman,you mean. :lol:
Cool! :thumbup:
Tell them that in our language,for ex,Tête reads almost equal to Tate. :)

Balefan wrote: I don´t believe it´s just a simple coincidence.
So, this is the heart of the misunderstanding, none of your adversary's in this argument has once said this is a coincidence. I don't think any of them believe it even qualifies as one. From one I can tell you have created a coincidence out of a bunch of random facts about the characters. That being said Miranda Tate could end up being Talia and then you will be able to claim you were right the whole time, but I won't believe your theory unless Nolan himself says it.

indiefilmconnor wrote: He didn't name the character Miranda Tate because Tete means head, thats just ridiculous! :facepalm:
While I agree with the fact that I don't think Nolan named Tate after Tete I will tell you that it's an usual thing for writers to use names as puzzles or anecdotes, like hidden messages in their creations.

So if you think someone wouldn't go that far with naming characters in his story you're completely wrong because that's actually a literature procedure. They gather so much background info for their project that it becomes easy for them to think at something like that. Of course for you it will be ridiculous since you don't know half of the things the writer knows...

Balefan wrote:
Batcat wrote: THIS ;)

This is ridiculous in your mind,dear.
It´s too much coincidence the fact of Tête(which it´s almost written as Tate)in feench(Marion´s language and don´t foget Henry Ducard/Ra´s was french in Begins)means exactly "Head", like Talia Head and Demon´s Head.
I don´t believe it´s just a simple coincidence.
Miranda will be Talia.
Just don´t see who doesn´t want.
I think your Catwoman obsession is not letting you see the things. :lol:
But there´s nothing you can do...your kitty will have to share Bruce/Batman with another woman. :P
I don't think Talia will be in the movie, she might be but for me the Tate = Tête if you change one letter is not a good argument that's all. It has nothing to do with the fact that I love Catwoman, I just don't think that this one is a good one. I mean if you take only french and english than Tate and tête do not have the same pronounciation and Nolan could have chose Tete instead of Tate if he wanted it to mean "Head" in french, I do not really see the point with using "Tate" (which doesn't mean anything) instead of Tete which would have meant something in french at least.

And yes, maybe I have a Catwoman obsession, but you certainly do have a Talia obsession, my dear ;)

why would Talia call herself Talia Head anyway...am i missing something?