Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle/Catwoman

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Master Virgo wrote:
nolannolanchrischris wrote:
Agreed. I mean she just played a 16 year old.
The real age of actors has nothing to with this. It's how old they look like that what matters. Lawrence can easily play a 25 years old, and Hathaway is a 30 years old who looks younger than her age.

Cavil is 29 years old and Adams is 38. I don't see any problems in there tbh.
True, but I guess it comes down to how much you want to change the character. It's exactly as you said, would you rather have a woman or a young girl?
I can't really see Bruce retiring to Europe with a young girl and I wouldn't be able to buy a young girl having as particular a set of values as Selina has. She has a long past.
The physicality could be more believable, but I think you're slightly underestimating the capabilities of a woman lol. She's not THAT old.

nolannolanchrischris wrote:
Master Virgo wrote: The real age of actors has nothing to with this. It's how old they look like that what matters. Lawrence can easily play a 25 years old, and Hathaway is a 30 years old who looks younger than her age.

Cavil is 29 years old and Adams is 38. I don't see any problems in there tbh.
True, but I guess it comes down to how much you want to change the character. It's exactly as you said, would you rather have a woman or a young girl?
I can't really see Bruce retiring to Europe with a young girl and I wouldn't be able to buy a young girl having as particular a set of values as Selina has. She has a long past.
The physicality could be more believable, but I think you're slightly underestimating the capabilities of a woman lol. She's not THAT old.
At the end of the day, Bruce still landed a girl who was a decade younger than him. Bruce is a playa!

At the end of the day, Anne Hathaway played Selina Kyle... and did a fantastic job. 8-)

At the end of the day, Bruce still landed a girl who was a decade younger than him. Bruce is a playa!
We dont really know the characters' exact ages so the argument is pretty much baseless

zonda wrote:
We dont really know the characters' exact ages so the argument is pretty much baseless
We do know Bruce is around 38. and I reckon if you were vigilant enough, perhaps you can her Selina Kyle's D.o.B on the police data Bruce looks at.

Z. Cobb wrote:
zonda wrote:
We do know Bruce is around 38. and I reckon if you were vigilant enough, perhaps you can her Selina Kyle's D.o.B on the police data Bruce looks at.
So Bruce turns 30 during the climax of Begins. How long after BB does TDK take place though? I've heard six months, I've heard nine months, and I've heard a year. I've also heard that it's three years (in BB when Commissioner Loeb holds up the newspaper, it had a 2005 date, and in TDK there was security footage that said july 2008). But maybe the security footage thing wasn't intentional by the film makers. So lets say Bruce was 30 and six-plus months in TDK, making him at least 38 and a half when Rises starts. But Rises takes place over the course of five months, so it's possible Bruce turned 39 by the time he flew the nuke out over the water. Then we have the cafe scene which I'm guessing took place much later, like maybe six months to a year after Bane and Talia's plan was thwarted. So Bruce could have been 40 when we see him with Selina at the end.

And though Selina's DOB was shown (sometime in 1985, IIRC), we don't have a confirmed present date in Rises to compare it to, so how do we know exactly how old she is?

29/30

Found this:

A random but interesting observation: the trunk that Selina keeps by her dressing table is somewhat similar to the one that Bruce keeps at the foot of his bed. Also, the framed photo/artwork on the top of Selina’s dressing table is somewhat similar to the framed artwork at the bottom of the steps when Thomas Wayne was carrying young Bruce up the stairs in Batman Begins.

zonda wrote:Found this:

A random but interesting observation: the trunk that Selina keeps by her dressing table is somewhat similar to the one that Bruce keeps at the foot of his bed. Also, the framed photo/artwork on the top of Selina’s dressing table is somewhat similar to the framed artwork at the bottom of the steps when Thomas Wayne was carrying young Bruce up the stairs in Batman Begins.
I LOVE this! Great screenshots. They both look so gorgeous even in this casual setting. Bruce with his tie loose around his neck, and Selina in a pullover and slippers... and their smiles! :D This scene made me wish they did more with Bruce and Selina before her betrayal of him to Bane.

I also loved the dialogue. Wish we could've seen Selina's reaction to Bruce saying "no you're not" rather than suddenly cutting to Blake, Foley, and Gordon in the hospital :-|

Anne received Awards for both Les Miserables and Dark Knight Rises from AFI